Santa Maria Mamoli 1:60 by ray111

Hi Ray and thank you for posting your build log. I look forward to seeing more progress.

Donnie

Hi Ray

I am please to see that you are still building Model Ship and enjoying it.

Cheers
Geoff

G'day Ray and welcome to SOS, I will follow your build log if you do'nt mind,

best regards John.

G'day Ray
Glad to see you here on SOS.
:text-welcomeconfetti:
I'll be on the front watching your future logs.
:text-goodpost:
Keep them coming mate. All the best and havagooday
Greg

Hi Ray

Welcome to SOS.

Nice start keep up the good work.

More photos please and well done.

Denis.

G'day Ray
I'm so glad that you have posted more updates on your great build.
You are going great guns mate.​
Any one of us, should be very proud of the workmanship that you have shown.
Keep up your post and your amazing work.
Havagooday and happymodeling
Greg

Hello @ray111. I carefully went through all the photographs and I was deeply moved, so much so that I forgot to press the 'likes'. Then I went back and pressed all your 'like' buttons.

I was moved by the fact that you persisted regardless of what you called 'imperfections'. Many want-to-be modellers would have given up as soon as they realize that it is not so easy to build a model ship. I have learnt that those who become great model builders are those who persist beyond most others. It is this persistence which brings heart into the model. And those open enough to see it will become deeply moved by it.

Thank you for sharing your build log with us.
Looking forward to future posts.

Looking good. I typically build plastic kits but after seeing your build process I am thinking of trying a wood plank ship. Looking forward to following your build. Keep up with the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Looking good, Ray, and I am glad to see that you are back on the build. I am just about to start the second planking on my own build and it always gives me a good feeling that it is all starting to come together and move from being a box of bits to an actual ship. Keep up the good work.

Good to see a "old" member back in the forum and showing the progress in between.
I fully agree here with the words from Peter @Swabbie that it is important not to give up and proceed with the work.
Yes, I know very well by my own experience, that the planking is very complicated and one of the biggest steps in the wooden ship modelling.
But it is good to have the possibility f.e. to clean up the first planking by some sanding etc. to prepare a good basis for the second planking.
Like I say by myself every time. Step by step with a little bit of patience.......and we can see on your sequence of photos -> It is getting better and better

Hi Ray,

Here all the way from Holland thumbs up for this one. The second skin is really making it a great ship. Columbus would envy your ship, and if he could he would take your Santa Maria to discover the Americas. Keep up the good work and I will surely follow your build.

Regards Maarten.

Hey Ray - one day at a time with these projects. I have yet to build POB type model ship so I admire anyone who tackles one of these. keep up the posts and good work. Cheers!

Back