Santa Maria - Mantua - scale 1:50 modified kit semi scratch and diorama

You are forgetting Greg that Elf and Safety had not been invented in those days, if you fell off a ladder it was your fault for climbing it.
This is going to be a never ending project Zoltan all the while forum members keep suggesting things to add ;)
Cheers Andy

I was thinking the same thing Peter. It would be a lot safer to check it on the ground, especially there's no one to hold the ladder to keep it from toppling sideways as he is stretching. Very poor safety measures are being shown.
Havagoodone all
Greg
:D:D. At that time everybody was responsible for their own safety. If you got injured and could not work, no BBQ :eek:. If you went on strike, no BBQ :mad:.

You are forgetting Greg that Elf and Safety had not been invented in those days, if you fell off a ladder it was your fault for climbing it.
This is going to be a never ending project Zoltan all the while forum members keep suggesting things to add ;)
Cheers Andy

G'day Andy
I hear what you are saying and I agree with you. It wasn't until the 1900's in Australia that we got work place safety. My great grandfather on my mum's mum's side was involved in the first workers union. It was the miner's union and he and others formed a revolt against the employers until all the demands were met. In actual fact, he had to change his name to get work in the mines because he was hated with the bosses.
And he had no bbqs at all. :p
Havagooday
Greg

Some Fine craftsmanship happening on that vessel. I absolutely love seeing how other folks do things. it can be very Inspirational as we strive for that next level of perfection.

Hello @epicdoom ,thanks for your visit and the kind comments,this build is on hold for now as I am working the Ontario.
Its funny how we do things like that. I also have a ship on hold. My Nephew wanted a Pirate ship so I started the Mamoli Blackbeard, Pirate Ship MV82 for him. I have that ship planked and sanded, ready for rails and deck work, but I lost interest in the build and wanted to build the Mayflower which was to be the kit I started before the Blackbeard. since he wasn't in a hurry to have that ship built and also wanted to help, but has no time it got sidelined for now.

I am looking forward to the completion of your Santa Maria

Its funny how we do things like that. I also have a ship on hold. My Nephew wanted a Pirate ship so I started the Mamoli Blackbeard, Pirate Ship MV82 for him. I have that ship planked and sanded, ready for rails and deck work, but I lost interest in the build and wanted to build the Mayflower which was to be the kit I started before the Blackbeard. since he wasn't in a hurry to have that ship built and also wanted to help, but has no time it got sidelined for now.

I am looking forward to the completion of your Santa Maria

Probably she won’t have masts and rigging,just some deck fittings,as she will be finished as a diorama ,Santa Maria under construction with scaffolding's and stuff like that as you seen on the images.

Probably she won’t have masts and rigging,just some deck fittings,as she will be finished as a diorama ,Santa Maria under construction with scaffolding's and stuff like that as you seen on the images.
And a BBQ! We got to have a BBQ. Don't forget about the BBQ. :eek:

Hello Zoly,
Thank you so much for bringing me along for the ride. I must say that the use of the diorama was an excellent choice for this particular model. I can see many benefits to doing something like this. One such idea is if/when someone gets discouraged with a particular build, instead of mothballing it, they can just finish it via a diorama and call it a work in progress.

Back