Santisima Trinidad [COMPLETED BUILD]

The second one, just made these 2 because they sit under the deck and it would be easier now, moving on for the last deck now
It is beautifull. It looks so real and used. I do not think I would have courage to build like it (not only courage but the ability) :D.

Great work.

I have mixed feelings about that weathering. Sorry, just my 2 cents. If it is true that a ship was no pristine thing, my experience with weathering plastic airplanes tells me that it is very easily overdone. I would not weather my model in such a big extent, but of course it is a matter of taste.

As for the guns, well they were the ship tools and its reason to exist, as far as I know they were given much attention by its crew and should be mantained in perfect and pristine conditions.

If I were the captain of a ship where the crew had the guns in that state, I'd have them whipped as an example.

Of course this is my personal view, I recognize all the valid work that shelk had, giving the ship that weathered aspect.

For my taste it is a little overdone and the guns shoud be clean.

But anyone has the right of making his work the way he wants and if he is happy with that, it is ok for me. In the end a happy modeller is a happy man and that's what matters.

Best regards

JL

I have mixed feelings about that weathering. Sorry, just my 2 cents. If it is true that a ship was no pristine thing, my experience with weathering plastic airplanes tells me that it is very easily overdone. I would not weather my model in such a big extent, but of course it is a matter of taste.

As for the guns, well they were the ship tools and its reason to exist, as far as I know they were given much attention by its crew and should be mantained in perfect and pristine conditions.

If I were the captain of a ship where the crew had the guns in that state, I'd have them whipped as an example.

Of course this is my personal view, I recognize all the valid work that shelk had, giving the ship that weathered aspect.

For my taste it is a little overdone and the guns shoud be clean.

But anyone has the right of making his work the way he wants and if he is happy with that, it is ok for me. In the end a happy modeller is a happy man and that's what matters.

Best regards

JL
Maybe the ship was under huge long attack and the crew was happy to survive :D. Maybe pirates took over and nobody from them cares :D.

here's how i see it

the cannons were kept in very good condition, for many reasons, they are needed for the ships war purposes, because they killed people when they malfunctioned, because the crew needs to be busy with stuff, but also, and very important how easy they get ruined for beeing in contact with saltwater.

If it's something that is easy to happen if they are not taken care of, it's easy for me to imagine that a ship, would reach this point

Let's put it like this, it's far easier for me to imagine the santissima trinidad with rusty cannons than it is to imagine it with the english style stern like the one represented on the kit, than it is to imagine it with rusty cannons, but that's me.

With the overall look planned for this ship the cannons should be rusty, there's no way a ship reaches the condition i will make this one without some rust on the cannons.

There's no way the santisima trinidad ever looked like this, that's for sure, but there's no way the santisima trinidad ever had a stern like the victory, or that it had a stern like the one i plan on making on this kit, since making one like the museum model is behond my hability anyway.

It's simply a alternative reality, extreme weathering xD

If I ever get my HMS Medea built it will be well and truly battered as I intend to display it at a particular point in time when it had just weathered a severe gale.
Your deck looks great. It has been Holy Stoned almost to death which is what happened to warships between re-fitting.
I know of instances where HM ships have returned from long voyages with their sails bleached white and their cordage rotten. One such was frapped together with the ship's cable fed through the scuppers when the hull began to come apart while crossing the north Atlantic.

Back