Scottish Maid Artesania Latina [COMPLETED BUILD]

The main sail made it from the sewing machine to the gaff and main mast. After careful and extensive guidance from the Admiral I managed to sew the sail myself, with an acceptable main sail as result.
Getting the sail attached to the mast and gaff was a tedious job. I started attaching the sail to the mast hoops, from the bottom up. After that the sail was attached to the gaff. In itself not complicated, the job only required some TLC and a lot of patience. The "holes" for the ropes were made in advance, it took a lot away from on-model piercing, which is not may favorite thing to do.
After attaching the sail, it was furling time. That also took a lot of patience ánd input from the Admiral.
The way I show the furled mainsail may not be historically correct, but in that case I invoke AL-FI. ;)
Now it's time to stop tinkering and declare the patching-up done, the only open actions are to wrap it and to present it to my son coming Christmas.

View attachment 266092View attachment 266093View attachment 266094
Very nice Johan, great result!

Hi Johan. I am very very very late with my reaction (how could I have missed this?), but you did a great job with he cleaning and adding the furled sails. Standing at your son’s office, it is certain that he is proud of his fathers build.
Regards, Peter

The main sail made it from the sewing machine to the gaff and main mast. After careful and extensive guidance from the Admiral I managed to sew the sail myself, with an acceptable main sail as result.
Getting the sail attached to the mast and gaff was a tedious job. I started attaching the sail to the mast hoops, from the bottom up. After that the sail was attached to the gaff. In itself not complicated, the job only required some TLC and a lot of patience. The "holes" for the ropes were made in advance, it took a lot away from on-model piercing, which is not may favorite thing to do.
After attaching the sail, it was furling time. That also took a lot of patience ánd input from the Admiral.
The way I show the furled mainsail may not be historically correct, but in that case I invoke AL-FI. ;)
Now it's time to stop tinkering and declare the patching-up done, the only open actions are to wrap it and to present it to my son coming Christmas.

Ottimo lavoro. Risultato eccezionale.

Stavolta sono andato subito alla fine ma poi riguarderò tutto con molta calma e attenzione perchè voglio gustarmelo bene.

Good job. Exceptional result.
This time I went straight to the end but then I will watch everything again very calmly and carefully because I want to enjoy it well.

Good morning Johan. Not only a BN expert I see. Furled sails are in your arsenal as well. She looks beautiful. Cheers Grant

Ciao Johan (RDN1954)

Che bellissima nave che hai fatto.
Siccome è una goletta la osserverò molto spesso per carpire molti particolari che mi serviranno. Per fortuna hai fatto molte foto con molti particolari, bravo.

Hi Johan.What a beautiful ship you made.Since it is a schooner I will observe it very often to glean many details that I will need. Luckily you took many photos with many details, well done.

Good morning Johan. Not only a BN expert I see. Furled sails are in your arsenal as well. She looks beautiful. Cheers Grant
Ciao Johan (RDN1954)

Che bellissima nave che hai fatto.
Siccome è una goletta la osserverò molto spesso per carpire molti particolari che mi serviranno. Per fortuna hai fatto molte foto con molti particolari, bravo.

Hi Johan.What a beautiful ship you made.Since it is a schooner I will observe it very often to glean many details that I will need. Luckily you took many photos with many details, well done.
Thank you both.
Actually, this was so to speak an intermezzo between completing the restauration of my old man's Billing Boats Bluenose and before starting on my current build.
This little one has been sitting in y study for well over thirty years and desperately needed some attention.

Dear Johan
Congratulations for finishing a great model!!!
the furled sails are looking great.
well done my friend :)

Ciao Johan, ho riguardato i tuoi splendidi lavori.

Ho capito che tu preferisci farli vedere i chiodi sul tavolato.

Hi Johan, I looked back at your wonderful works.

I understand that you prefer to show them the nails on the planking.

Dear Johan
Congratulations for finishing a great model!!!
the furled sails are looking great.
well done my friend :)
Ciao Johan, ho riguardato i tuoi splendidi lavori.

Ho capito che tu preferisci farli vedere i chiodi sul tavolato.

Hi Johan, I looked back at your wonderful works.

I understand that you prefer to show them the nails on the planking.

Thanks so much, Shota and Alessandro,
It's almost two years ago I finished this side project.
This also marked my first experience with furled sails ánd with using (real) nails for the deck planking.
In hindsight I'm not too sure about the nails; in my current build, a YQ (POF) Bluenose, I forewent to add these details to the deck planks and I just say I'm quite happy with how the decks look:

IMG_3939.jpeg

Back