Scratch build

Hello from Vancouver island
I was on the forum a couple of years ago enquiring how best to start a scratch build.
Over the last 40 years I’ve kit built and had the most fun with the Friedrich Wilhem from Euromodel as I used mostly my own wood( walnut off cuts from a cabinet shop) and made most parts myself
Someone at the time suggested a good beginner ship build scratch but I seem to have lost it. I seem to loose lots these days
Also when Covid hit and things shut down, I still had the Amerigo from Panart under the bed so I started March 1 and approximately 1800 hours later it’s almost done.
I will send a picture.
Thanks for any help on the scratch ship.

25A3DB97-12AD-4A25-8366-14B1A172F41A.jpeg

Hello from Vancouver island
I was on the forum a couple of years ago enquiring how best to start a scratch build.
Over the last 40 years I’ve kit built and had the most fun with the Friedrich Wilhem from Euromodel as I used mostly my own wood( walnut off cuts from a cabinet shop) and made most parts myself
Someone at the time suggested a good beginner ship build scratch but I seem to have lost it. I seem to loose lots these days
Also when Covid hit and things shut down, I still had the Amerigo from Panart under the bed so I started March 1 and approximately 1800 hours later it’s almost done.
I will send a picture.
Thanks for any help on the scratch ship.

View attachment 187990
Welcome back to our forum.
Could it be that you mean this topic from three years ago?

Yes , scratch for a beginner was the post. I’m slowly collecting wood and am hopefully going to give it a try in the new year.
My very supportive better half surprised me with the Deag vasa for my birthday so to keep the peace I’ll build it first. She must have overheard me mention to some friends that I had started the Billing’s one at age 20 and had to leave it as I hit the road ending up in Australia 50 years ago.
The Amerigo is now hanging on the wall.Pic enclosed. Also the SAN Philipe built about 20 years ago.
Thanks again for your help
Bill

184F68FA-6455-4CD7-9BCA-CB9163B552F5.jpeg

Yes , scratch for a beginner was the post. I’m slowly collecting wood and am hopefully going to give it a try in the new year.
My very supportive better half surprised me with the Deag vasa for my birthday so to keep the peace I’ll build it first. She must have overheard me mention to some friends that I had started the Billing’s one at age 20 and had to leave it as I hit the road ending up in Australia 50 years ago.
The Amerigo is now hanging on the wall.Pic enclosed. Also the SAN Philipe built about 20 years ago.
Thanks again for your help
Bill

Back