Scratchbuild Creole Queen Sternwheeler 1/82

Thanks for your comments :).

Only one thing:
This evening of the colleague-builders on a Dutch-Flamish forum noted me that there were only five wheels in stead of six.
And he was right, I've made a mistake, but I'm not gonna replace it, it looks fine to me now.

Haven't done much, so only a small update.

Placed the name of the ship at starboard and port and changed the letters "CQ" by larger ones.

CreoleQueenscratch0096.jpg

Placed windows and red curtains in the cabin of the 3rd deck.

CreoleQueenscratch0097.jpg

A first layer of green on the open deck.

CreoleQueenscratch0098.jpg

Preparing the last deck for the wheelhouse.

CreoleQueenscratch0099.jpg

Nice work Wim, I just got on board and caught up on your build. I'll be following along with rest of your fans. I love the way you guys who do scratch work come up with the ways things work just from a set of drawings.

Wim,

Nice progress. Letters look good to. Missed those red curtains ... It's good she won't put into harbour somewhere in Holland ;-)

Thanks Kent and Carl.

@coq
I think she won't fit in the canals in that district ;), otherwhise she would be competitive with that number of rooms.

First wooden chimneys are gone in the trash, almost impossible to line the both different diameters.
Started again with cupper pipe for waterworks (15 mm), then ducttape around the 10 mm wooden rod and it fits better than before.

Decorations between the stacks were made of a wooden rod and brass. This was a hell of a job, only after several hours of suffering I was satisfied with the result.

CreoleQueenscratch0100.jpg

CreoleQueenscratch0101.jpg

CreoleQueenscratch0102.jpg

CreoleQueenscratch0103.jpg

Thanks for looking in :).

It was not so difficult the bend the brass.
Take a wooden rod with the correct diameter
Take a piece of brass.

Buigen1.jpg

Take two pliers and force the brass around the wooden rod.

Buigen2.jpg

Cut the brass, bit of sanding and that's it.

Buigen3.jpg

That's for the first ornament and the C and Q.
For the second ornament I've bend the brass two times around the rod.

carlosys said:
Hi
Easy and simple. Sometimes we look for complicated solutions.
Nice work

Regards

Thanks for looking in :).

While still busy on the stacks I started with the wheelhouse.
I've tried to construct it with 1mm plywood but it went wrong on the windows.

After several tries I've made it out of plastic card.

Hallo Wim,

all the Best and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Birthday-Cake

Longer time not active.....hope to see you soon here in our forum

how can we see your .jpg pictures? They do not open in ships of scale, even for me as a member. Is there a trick to seeing them?
I am starting to build a RC model of Creole Queen to 1/40 scale. That's about 1.5 meters length. So I need all the help I can get. I have started with Dumas plans, enlarged and changed just about everywhere.

how can we see your .jpg pictures? They do not open in ships of scale, even for me as a member. Is there a trick to seeing them?
I am starting to build a RC model of Creole Queen to 1/40 scale. That's about 1.5 meters length. So I need all the help I can get. I have started with Dumas plans, enlarged and changed just about everywhere.
This is once more the problem, that the member @wim500 did not upload the photos to SOS server, but kept them somewhere only with a link, and there they disappeared or he deleted them.

I hope that Wim can repair it or better upload the photos here to SOS.

@Ferd and @Boulderboater Gents, it was brought to my attention that you are continually posting in Wim500 build log. Unless you have exclusive permissions from @wim500 you shouldn't post here and start your own build log. Since both of you mostly posting, I can create a new build log and you will continue posting there. How does this sound to both of you?

Back