Sheer Vessel of 1812, scratch built

Hi all,

Thought I'd post a few pics of models I've built that I still have. This was my first scratch build, a Sheer Vessel of 1815 based on plans from the old Model Shipwright journal. From memory it's 1/48. Built on ply bulkheads, I recall I used Tasmanian Oak for the mast and sheer legs, Queensland Ash I think for the deck. Chainplates, eyebolts and blocks were commercial items.

A fun build of something a bit different.

Darrenside view.jpgBow stbd quarter.jpgoverhead view.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A very interesting working boat - Many Thanks for sharing with us

I have already added this yesterday. @DarrenR , your ship has been added to the Gallery Showcase on page #9

Hi all,

Thought I'd post a few pics of models I've built that I still have. This was my first scratch build, a Sheer Vessel of 1815 based on plans from the old Model Shipwright journal. From memory it's 1/48. Built on ply bulkheads, I recall I used Tasmanian Oak for the mast and sheer legs, Queensland Ash I think for the deck. Chainplates, eyebolts and blocks were commercial items.

DarrenView attachment 198406View attachment 198407View attachment 198408
Hallo Darren alias @DarrenR
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hola a todos,

Pensé en publicar algunas fotos de los modelos que he construido y que todavía tengo. Esta fue mi primera construcción desde cero, un Sheer Vessel de 1815 basado en planos del antiguo diario Model Shipwright. De memoria es 1/48. Construido sobre mamparos de capas, recuerdo que usé Tasmanian Oak para el mástil y las patas verticales, Queensland Ash creo que para la cubierta. Las placas de cadena, los cáncamos y los bloques eran artículos comerciales.

Una construcción divertida de algo un poco diferente.

DarrenView attachment 198406View attachment 198407View attachment 198408
¿Que uso tenía esta embarcación?

Hi all,

Darren
Hallo Darren alias @DarrenR
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy birthday!

As I mentioned in another post, I love these small working boats. Does anyone know if the plans are available somewhere? I'd love to do this at 1:32 scale!

Back