Soleil Royal

I am trying to figure out which wooden model of the Soleil Royal I want, I’ve been looking at Artesanía Latina But I also looked at ZHL model. Has anyone worked with this model or any ZHL models before?

Following the above link you can find the build log for my ZHL SL by Paulb. I think mine turned out pretty well. I did use a lot of aftermarket parts tho.

I am currently building the New Artesania version.The decor is very well done but the hull proportions are way off.If you want a kit that you can build out of the box with little or no extra work,I would go with the ZHL.
If you are into kit bashing in the extreme, then Artesania provides the basis to build something very different.

If you can get your hands on it, the old Mantua/Sergal kit has potential to be made into something greater than the sum of its parts, but that too requires significant alteration.

All-in-all, the greatest potential to build a really nice scale model, as Nigel says, is the AL. You should check out his log to see what he means:

Can any of you guys who have in deed worked on ZHL models before, specially Soleil Royal, please tell me how were the instructions like. Understandable or what.

Can any of you guys who have in deed worked on ZHL models before, specially Soleil Royal, please tell me how were the instructions like. Understandable or what.
Here is a Zhl build log

Back