SS NORMANDIE PROBLEMS WITH THE PLANS

Hi everyone!

I have various questions. I'm going to explain shortly.

1.-I have a navy plan's for SS Normandie(1935), but they have a quite distorsion, how can I keep it out? I have been working with photoshop and with the tool(deformación de posición libre), I don´t know the English name, something like: free tool of deformation, I think. The problem is that maybe this tool is quite freehand.

2.-How can I translate the information of plating plan into a 2D profile view of Normandie? I think that the lenght of the steel sheet is easy because I only need to count couples in the keel, but how can I know the real vertically lenght?

Kind Regards from Spain

Iván.

I will move the topic to the general area - maybe more members are reading and will have the chance to help

Hi!

In addition to the second question I'm going to add one photo.

This is one part of the plating plan for Normandie

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-11 154405.jpg

I think that the limited between every steel sheet are the lines with 3 inclinated lines, with a number, in this case, almost all lines have a 25, this referes to the riveting of the hull, if I not wrong. The question is, how I can know the real lenght and widht of every steel sheet? The lenght I think is easy because I can count couples in the keel, but, what happens with de vertically lenght?

Kind Regards,

Iván.

There are several photos existing showing the USS Lafayette after the fire and the listing - maybe they are helping

Lipset 06.jpg

diinw6mly2i81.jpg

092205332.jpg 092205333.jpg

40131149682_c5585b7643_o.jpg

Hi everyone!

1.-I have a navy plan's for SS Normandie(1935), but they have a quite distorsion, how can I keep it out? I have been working with photoshop and with the tool(deformación de posición libre), I don´t know the English name, something like: free tool of deformation, I think. The problem is that maybe this tool is quite freehand.

2.-How can I translate the information of plating plan into a 2D profile view of Normandie? I think that the lenght of the steel sheet is easy because I only need to count couples in the keel, but how can I know the real vertically lenght?

Kind Regards from Spain

Iván.
Hallo @Ivan Lopez
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi everyone!

Kind Regards from Spain

Iván.
Hallo @Ivan Lopez
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back