Steam boat in 1:24 from Russian mfg Piroscaf [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Koreets, beautiful work indeed, both with wood & metal. I have a few questions because I have to follow your steps too in the future:
How did you make the boiler itself with all those rivets etc?
And how did you print the scales for your manometers?

Hi Koreets, beautiful work indeed, both with wood & metal. I have a few questions because I have to follow your steps too in the future:
How did you make the boiler itself with all those rivets etc?
And how did you print the scales for your manometers?
Hi, Moxis, thanks)

The boiler itself in the kit is plastic with high quality detailing. So the main issue is to paint it properly.

As for the scales - I ordered them from one Russian shipmodeler guy, who knows how to print them))

Hello Koreets, It would be of interest of SOS members id this Russian ship modeler sells other printed material for custom orders. ;)
With my pleasure:

The link to Alexander Mikheev thread in the Russian shipmodeling forum:

Hi Koreets,
Great looking home made fittings once again. I couldn't make out quite what the first 2 photos are of but it looks nicely made. Your pressure gauge dial looks great, I would probably need my Optivisors on to read it. Your sight gauge with isolating and drain cocks (taps) looks great as well. Keep up the great work.
Cheers,
Stephen.
Stephen, on the first two pisc are the firebox doors)))

With my pleasure:

The link to Alexander Mikheev thread in the Russian shipmodeling forum:

This is extremely good work what Alexander is producing in the last time - so please be aware when you open the link - take a look at the last pages of this topic
Many Thanks for sharing with us this great resource !!!
Maybe you can invite him also to our forum - would be a very good and interesting help for several of us!!!!

This is extremely good work what Alexander is producing in the last time - so please be aware when you open the link - take a look at the last pages of this topic
Many Thanks for sharing with us this great resource !!!
Maybe you can invite him also to our forum - would be a very good and interesting help for several of us!!!!
Ok, Uwe, will write him!

Very beautiful work in Alexander's build log with all kinds of decorations, coats of arms, plates etc. I quess he is making them by etching from thin brass plate, or maybe cutting with laser.
I would very much like to learn his method of making these, but cannot understand the language. Could it be possible that somebody (Koreets) would write a short tutorial of the methods Alexander is using in English?

Very beautiful work in Alexander's build log with all kinds of decorations, coats of arms, plates etc. I quess he is making them by etching from thin brass plate, or maybe cutting with laser.
I would very much like to learn his method of making these, but cannot understand the language. Could it be possible that somebody (Koreets) would write a short tutorial of the methods Alexander is using in English?
He uses laser)

Thanks Koreets. Could he give more details about his laser, like type, power, etc. It must be quite powerful unit to be able to cut metal plate.
Hi, he promised to check in in SOS forum ASAP, thus you will have the opprtunity to ask him directly))). I think the google translate may help at least to understand in general his messages in shipmodeling forum )))

Back