Crafty Sailor Store News

PT-2, here is the link about E-121 thread: https://industry.guetermann.com/en/products/product-finder/guetermann-e-121
It is 100% polyester.
In regards to the ropewalk, these ropes are made on a horizontal ropewalk which is slightly longer than 6.5 meters.
It is impressive that he can walk cable and hawser of varying diameters from the same starting thread size. I don't know enough about line making on my own desktop walk to do that except using different sized initial threads. The 6.5+ meter walk must be quite a system. I have seen full ropes made from twine and walks of that and longer length but not scale lines for models. Thanks for the link that I could not find. PT-2

We now have Vanguard Model kits in stock!
These kits from the newest UK manufacturer Vanguard Models are designed, developed and made in the UK by Chris Watton.

HM Cutter "Alert" 1:64
HM Cutter Alert 1:64Exact scale model of HM Alert, a 10-gun cutter launched at Dover in 1777 and converted to a sloop in the same year. As part of the Royal Navy, the ship fought in several battles during the American War of Independence until it was captured by the French frigate Junon in 1778. Alert was reported as lost without trace on 15th of December 1779.

VIEW

HM Brig-Sloop "Flirt" 1:64
HM Brig-Sloop Flirt 1:64Exact scale model of HM Flirt, one of the first of a new class of Royal Navy brig-sloops. The ship was launched in 1782 but was completed too late to see any significant service in the American War of Independence. She then spent most of the years of peace in British waters. A French privateer captured her in 1803 as Flirt was returning to Britain from a whaling voyage.

VIEW

HM Brig-Sloop "Speedy" 1:64
HM Brig-Sloop Speedy 1:64
Exact scale model of the famous brig-sloop depicted at the time of Thomas Cochrane's command from 1800-1801, when the Speedy took on the Spanish 32 gun xebec rigged frigate El Gamo and took her.

VIEW

As always, all orders above $150 USD are shipped for free to the US and Canada!

Last edited:
@craftysailor , do you have any plans of carrying 20 oar(all pear version) of the Falcanet long boat. I'm interested in it and the sail package for the Leudo.
And whatever else it takes to get to the magic $150 for free shipping. LOL
Don,
I remember my promise and I should get the sails for Leudo with the next shipment. Honestly, I have never considered their pinnace (14-oar) and longboat (20-oar) because they are in 1:100 scale which is not popular.

None of us are bloggers, but... we all will benefit from the photo session of the build\assembly process, for sure. Also, we are looking for some hidden pitfalls while construction. People who can see such photos, process steps can better judge if they will capably assemble such kits!

GREAT IDEA DON THINKING OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT MYSELF, I WAS THINKING OF DOING THE M/S BOATS DIFFERENT SIZES TO LEARN HOW TO PAINT AS I AM JUST TERRIBLE AS MY LONG BOAT INTERIOR SHOWS, THANK THE LORD ALMOST 90% IS HIDDEN GOD PLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hi Guys. Do NOT be concerned about the 20-Oar boat being 1:100 scale. It is 127 mm in length whereas most 1:72 scale boats are between 95mm - 120 mm. So scale-wise it is perfect. I am building one right now and I can tell you it is an awesome kit.

Back