Supplier Recommendation

Can I please ask this community for supplier recommendations to Australia. I am looking at building a HMS Victory. I have been trying to contact Premier Ship Models to find out about the quality of the different ship brands, Corel etc, but they never ever respond. Hence I am a little nervous about purchasing such an expensive model from a group that sees no value in responding to my querie.

Who are good people to purchase from and which is the best quality brand for the HMS Victory.
Hallo @Casey
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi,look around in this shop in Australia

Or in UK

Thank you so much for your awesome advice. I got a fantastic deal from Cornwall Model Boats. It could be my new favourite site. They had everything in stock and the ability to add sails and get a paint package was just brilliant. Price (delivered) was also impressive. So happy. Thank you again to everyone that provided advice.

Thank you so much for your awesome advice. I got a fantastic deal from Cornwall Model Boats. It could be my new favourite site. They had everything in stock and the ability to add sails and get a paint package was just brilliant. Price (delivered) was also impressive. So happy. Thank you again to everyone that provided advice.
We are happy to read, that you found in this shop a very good one.....
So? Did you now order a HMS Victory kit, and if yes - which one?

We are happy to read, that you found in this shop a very good one.....
So? Did you now order a HMS Victory kit, and if yes - which one?
Yep - I have officially ordered the HMS Victor (with sails). I ended up going with the Corel version purely because of its length. I really wanted the Calderwell version but the person that I am building the vessel for does not have room for the bigger boat. I am so excited and already planning my next build after this one.

Hello Casey ,you are going to build an awesome ship.
If you want some photos taken 2 years agos from porstmouth museum on bord of Victory send a mail adress on Conversations
Kind regards,DanielView attachment 210440View attachment 210441View attachment 210442
Wow. Those pictures are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. I can not wait for international travel to be a possibility again. Seeing Victory in real life is something I must do, especially after seeing these.

Hello Casey ,you are going to build an awesome ship.
If you want some photos taken 2 years agos from porstmouth museum on bord of Victory send a mail adress on Conversations
Kind regards,DanielView attachment 210440View attachment 210441View attachment 210442
Hallo,
maybe, when you have time, you could also post in this area the complete set of your photos of your visit of the Victory - would be a good source and can be found in futur much easier

Model steam used to import caldercraft kits, however they have ceased doing it. I purchased my victory from them.

I have also purchase several Occre Kits & Caldercraft from 'Float a boat' in Ringwood Victoria . Their website has very little info on but their customer support is sensational. They are dedicated scratch & kit part suppliers & model builders (not just a sales shop) but and cost is close to conversion rate for most kits. Its awesome just to walk into the shop and see all the parts! ( you can download parts catalog & plans)

I suggest you ring them. They are the best Aussie suppliers that I know of
https://www.floataboat.com.au

Cornwall Model Boats are great to deal with, so you chose a great supplier. On the other hand I would warn anyone against ordering from Premier Ship models. I have a feeling they are a form of drop shippers and don't hold any stock. They still haven't shipped the model kit I ordered from them weeks and weeks ago. First time I have ordered from them but never again.

Cornwall Model Boats are great to deal with, so you chose a great supplier. On the other hand I would warn anyone against ordering from Premier Ship models. I have a feeling they are a form of drop shippers and don't hold any stock. They still haven't shipped the model kit I ordered from them weeks and weeks ago. First time I have ordered from them but never again.
Just checked their web-page - they have maybe some problems, because they have to much, close to all, known manufacturers in program. So to have all the kits in stock would mean a really very big storehouse necessary.
And just saw, that they now offer 40% discount on all kits - strange - or maybe they want to clean up - f.e the Caldercraft HMS Victory for around 800 GBP
When ordering from them, maybe I direct call, if the kit is in stock and a written confirmation would help not to wait extremely long until delivery

In my opinion in moment the best quality kit for the HMS Victory is the kit from Jotika / Caldercraft in scale 1:72

View attachment 209408
Hi, I agree with Uwe. Victory is a large complicated model to build, to have a good chance of success without experience you need a well designed kit that has no issues, has excellent plans and instructions, I can tell you that having built one Caldercraft meets that criteria and is in my opinion by far the best, and I also recommend Cornwall Model Boats.

Just checked their web-page - they have maybe some problems, because they have to much, close to all, known manufacturers in program. So to have all the kits in stock would mean a really very big storehouse necessary.
And just saw, that they now offer 40% discount on all kits - strange - or maybe they want to clean up - f.e the Caldercraft HMS Victory for around 800 GBP
When ordering from them, maybe I direct call, if the kit is in stock and a written confirmation would help not to wait extremely long until delivery
This is what attracted me to buying from them as they were offering the ship kit I wanted at a VERY competitive price. Their terms and conditions state:
1.1 When we receive an order, we will check stock availability, before charging your card. If the item is not in stock, we will contact you to confirm and agree the delivery time.

This they did not do. they charged my card immediately and added £11 for express shipping. and their confirmation email stated I would receive the kit in 7-10 days (hardly express I thought). At day 10 I emailed them only to be told it was out of stock when I ordered it and that it would be a further three weeks. Those three weeks are up and I have still not received it. Have emailed them again. Still awaiting a reply. Very frustating.

PS I live in the UK and they state that they ship from the UK.

This is what attracted me to buying from them as they were offering the ship kit I wanted at a VERY competitive price. Their terms and conditions state:
1.1 When we receive an order, we will check stock availability, before charging your card. If the item is not in stock, we will contact you to confirm and agree the delivery time.

This they did not do. they charged my card immediately and added £11 for express shipping. and their confirmation email stated I would receive the kit in 7-10 days (hardly express I thought). At day 10 I emailed them only to be told it was out of stock when I ordered it and that it would be a further three weeks. Those three weeks are up and I have still not received it. Have emailed them again. Still awaiting a reply. Very frustating.

PS I live in the UK and they state that they ship from the UK.

Thank you sir, a timely warning

Can I please ask this community for supplier recommendations to Australia. I am looking at building a HMS Victory. I have been trying to contact Premier Ship Models to find out about the quality of the different ship brands, Corel etc, but they never ever respond. Hence I am a little nervous about purchasing such an expensive model from a group that sees no value in responding to my querie.

Who are good people to purchase from and which is the best quality brand for the HMS Victory.
Hallo @Casey
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Modellers Central is definitely the place to go. Just don'y get in their bad books else you get banned from their business and FB group like me. I recommend you join their FB group as there are many very good modellers there who can give you a hand.

Modellers central do not import Jotika to Australia. Their pricing for other OS kits is not great. If you want the best Victory at present, get the CC / Jotika one.
I'm about to start my log of this kit here shortly. Warning it is very Large.

Back