Syren 1803 1:64 Model Shipways

Just a few shots of some progress from these past few weeks. The first photo is just a pile of parts I am playing with, which I hope will turn into a reasonable rendition of the catheads. I used Alaskan Yellow Cedar for the wood. I’ll use tiny sheaves held in place with bent and shaped brass strips for the cathead stopper cables, and ring bolts, cleats and other parts as necessary.

I have started building the carronade sleds. They are now painted with drilled and glued eyebolts along with the supplied PE plates. I used the kit supplied wheel assemblies, painted black, underneath the sleds. I’ll intermittently work away on the sleds and carronades while completing other ship parts. I placed a couple of sleds temporarily on the deck just to get a feel for height etc

I had previously installed the swivel brackets at the gunports but have now added the many eyebolts and cleats on the inner bulwarks too. The breech line eyebolt rings are also drilled out but not secured yet. I’ll secure the breech lines to the rings at the bench then mount them when the carronades are ready.

So that’s it for now, as always I appreciate your valuable time looking in on my build, as well as your always well received comments, likes and input. Have a great weekend.

View attachment 441454

View attachment 441455

View attachment 441456

View attachment 441457
great progress my dear friend Roger :) Thumbsup

Back