Tackle pendant problem

Hi all,
I am building the jotika/Caldercraft kit of HMS Agamemnon, my 5th build. I am just starting on the rigging and my first instruction is to fit the tackle pendants prior to commencing the shrouds, 2 each side on the main and foremast and one each side of the mizzen. The excellent Caldercraft instructions and plans are fine so far and I have pendants with seized loops hanging each side of the masts. My question is what happens to them next? I can see no further mention of these pendants either in the instruction or on any plans, so do they just hang there or am I missing something? Any kit specific or general information would be useful, I'm sure there are lots of you expert builders out there that must know the answer.

they just hang there.... mainly used for hoisting jolly boats... merchandise... rum...(girls) I have to be careful here... or I'll get banned again....

Well thanks ken s and Uwek for your speedy and useful replies. I knew that someone out there would know !

Well thanks ken s and Uwek for your speedy and useful replies. I knew that someone out there would know !
I had the same problem when building my Victory. I figured that they would be secured somewhere so I lashed the ends to the outside shrouds

I hate to use the word 'guess', but the ends must be secured down. I would say there should be an eye-bolt fastened to the upper railings or on the deck close to the Bulwark (out of the way). Then the remaining loose cord would then wrap around a belaying pin until used. LIke was said before, for hauling things around on the ship. (maybe some girls too if they happen to be on board or help them onboard, or maybe offboard) LOL At my age, I might need to be hauled around too. :rolleyes:

Back