Thanks for having me... And oh my, how modelling has changed ! ! !

Greetings all. David from most parts Eastern US Shoreline and currently residing in Connecticut.
Rediscovering my love of scale modelling after a roughly 45 year sabbatical and honestly a bit overwhelmed how much the hobby has advanced.
I recently started the ZHL All Scenarios Black Pearl (I'll include a few pics) and having a wonderful time with it so far.
Fortunately there are some wonderful BP builds done by some very talented shipwrights for me to reference and learn from.
I will contribute when I am able but I am mostly reading and learning how to use these new to me acrylics, stains and photoetched parts.
So happy to have found this group and grateful to be here.
Be happy and be well.
David20220829_145946.jpg20220820_101815.jpg20220820_101521.jpg20220819_075715.jpg20220819_031236.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Very good start with your model - I would like to see a building log of this interesting project......

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Very good start with your model - I would like to see a building log of this interesting project......
Thank you ! Your words are appreciated.
This is my first wooden ship model and I quite honestly did not know that such things as building logs existed.
I'm not much further along than the pics posted represent and I do have a small library of pics I've taken since this build started in mid July.
I shall take this week, and a bit of the next, to compile the history to this point and format a build log. You will see it posted shortly thereafter.
Thank you again for your welcome and interest.
Be well.

Greetings all. David from most parts Eastern US Shoreline and currently residing in Connecticut.
Rediscovering my love of scale modelling after a roughly 45 year sabbatical and honestly a bit overwhelmed how much the hobby has advanced.
I recently started the ZHL All Scenarios Black Pearl (I'll include a few pics) and having a wonderful time with it so far.
Fortunately there are some wonderful BP builds done by some very talented shipwrights for me to reference and learn from.
I will contribute when I am able but I am mostly reading and learning how to use these new to me acrylics, stains and photoetched parts.
So happy to have found this group and grateful to be here.
Be happy and be well.
DavidView attachment 326012View attachment 326013View attachment 326014View attachment 326016View attachment 326017
I like your rusty gratings. Reminds me of my grill. Now I’m hungry for barbecue, David!

Back