Thanks for the Join

JLReeves

Just wanted to say Hi and let you folks know I am here. I have been browsing about and have already seen quite a few great ideas.

I am currently building the Model Shipways USS Syren. I have several builds under my belt including the Artesina Latina Cutty Sark, the USCGC Eagle which I actually found as a kit of the Horst Wessel and modified to current configuration. I also have the Model Shipways Bluenose Schooner and a scratch build of the FDNY fireboat John J Harvey. I enjoy the research as much as the build.

I started off about 50 years ago with a plastic 1950 Chevrolet pickup truck and graduated to building balsa/tissue planes and just kept going from there. I have some historical replica pieces in museums in GA. I lived in GA for about 40 years them to FL for a couple of years and just moved to AL so I am getting my shop set up again which is quite a blast.

Again, thanks for the join and see you in here, Jon

Jimsky

Staff member

Welcome aboard SOS, John. Great to have you with us! We suggest our members start a build log. This is a great opportunity for us to learn and for you a way to get help (if ever needed). Since you already building USS Syren, how about to start your own build log on Her? Don't forget, have fun- it is why we are here! :)

Norway

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

John, welcome to SOS, agree with Jim, build log, you can also view your finished models here,

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum