Thanks for the Join

Just wanted to say Hi and let you folks know I am here. I have been browsing about and have already seen quite a few great ideas.

I am currently building the Model Shipways USS Syren. I have several builds under my belt including the Artesina Latina Cutty Sark, the USCGC Eagle which I actually found as a kit of the Horst Wessel and modified to current configuration. I also have the Model Shipways Bluenose Schooner and a scratch build of the FDNY fireboat John J Harvey. I enjoy the research as much as the build.

I started off about 50 years ago with a plastic 1950 Chevrolet pickup truck and graduated to building balsa/tissue planes and just kept going from there. I have some historical replica pieces in museums in GA. I lived in GA for about 40 years them to FL for a couple of years and just moved to AL so I am getting my shop set up again which is quite a blast.

Again, thanks for the join and see you in here, Jon

Welcome aboard SOS, John. Great to have you with us! We suggest our members start a build log. This is a great opportunity for us to learn and for you a way to get help (if ever needed). Since you already building USS Syren, how about to start your own build log on Her? Don't forget, have fun- it is why we are here! :)

John, welcome to SOS, agree with Jim, build log, you can also view your finished models here,

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back