The Beagle

bonjour.I receveed the kit of the ship Le Beagle by Occre 1/60. I try to find the book :Anatomy of the ship :Hms
Beagle by karl heinz Marquard .If somebody can help me to find this book for a reasonable prise .
Many thanks for your help.

thanks Dave but it's absolutly too expensive for me , it's more than prise i paid the kit in France.I don't no
why this prise is so big .May be can i find plans or drawings but where?
Amitiés Isidore

MERCI. it's a very goog book but what a shame a so expensive prise. Wait and see .A good surprise
can arrive.And i see that i am not alone to search

I am crossing the fingers, that you will get a copy for a reasonable price.

Do not forget to take a look at the web-page which was prepared by a german friend of mine, who got the complete original documents from him
There you can find the original articles Marquardt published in the Logbuch etc. - in german but you can easily translate them with google:

Thanks for your very helpful information and lead to the Marquardt website. I also have purchased the Occre model of the Beagle and am attempting to modify it by building it from the keel up and planking it as demonstrated by Marquardt. Will keep you posted on my progress. It is very slow going as it is my second build after finishing a beginner's project of a kit of an 18th century Longboat. --Gary

I managed to get a copy of the AOTS book. Out of all the 'sail' titles in this series, this is of a ship that seems so uninspiring. Don't know why?
Someone will know better than me why the AOTS books vary wildly in price; I'd like to know. When I bought mine, I soon found Amazon listed it new at the jacket price (which was basically what I paid on fleabay).
I do hope you enjoy your build; I'm sure you'll make a grand job of it.

Thanks for your very helpful information and lead to the Marquardt website. I also have purchased the Occre model of the Beagle and am attempting to modify it by building it from the keel up and planking it as demonstrated by Marquardt. Will keep you posted on my progress. It is very slow going as it is my second build after finishing a beginner's project of a kit of an 18th century Longboat. --Gary
So we can hope to see your model in a building log ---- I am looking forward :cool:

Back