The Dog

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

After my last post on the Felipe, about 1 AM Sunday (night), trying to get our dog out from underneath dining table, I got attacked and he bit into my right hand really bad not only scratching, a 2 mm deep cut but also a puncture that nearly went to bone in thumb on right hand. I am out of commission for a while. I plan to go to doctor to day to see about some possible infection as I tried to treat it on my own. The dog does have all of its vaccines so I am not worried about that part. It was like a combination of nails and a channel lock gripping my hand - twisted his head and tore it. I am typing now, yes, but I have not been able to since Sunday. I need to not move my hand.
Just wanted everyone to know why my lack of activity.

That's a bummer mate!
I hope that your hand will he back to normal ASAP.
Does Filipe know hard that he bit you? Is he sorry?
I remember about 20 years ago my then dog, was only a pup and we were playing around and he bit me and it was only a scratch, but I showed Monty the blood. Ever since that day until he was his passing, he never attempted to bit anyone again.
All the best mate.
Greg

Sorry to hear about that Donnie. We have a 14 year old standard Schnauzer and she is the most gentle dog you could want. Has never even snapped at me or the wife or anyone else for that matter. She's really slowing down now at her age but I doubt she would harm a flee. Anyway, I hope you get better soon and can get back to the things you enjoy.

Bob

Hi Donnie, Take care. Have it looked at properly. Most Dogs have relatively sterile mouths, but its the stuff they eat you worry about.
Unfortunately you may have done something to the dog when you true dto move it that casued it to snap. Dogs nornally only react to fear or pain.
And they are Very good at not showing pain.

Hope all goes well for both you and the Dog.

I am posting now, and I tried to do a little work on the ship. But had to stop. The doctor gave me a letter stating I am out until another 5 days. I wish that my wife took this a little more serious. I think she does, but I wonder. The dog was just reacting. My fault. I should not have tried to grab him when he was already growling fercly at me in the first place. I am on antibiotics now.

Back