The Druid Build

Working on the Masts, and finishing the Bow Sprint, Fore, Main, and Mizzen, I have been studying the next step in the process of the rigging hardware. The instruction and illustration sheets are not good !! I am not an expert in this area and is my weak spot!:( figuring out where the blocks go and the eye mounts, for the bow sprint and masts, will take some time and patience, expecting to make and error or two, but I will study the drawings as close as I can! A block on one side means a block on the other?. the illustrations for all the yard's hardware and blocks are great it's just the Masts. where the info is limited

IMG_20240403_122919092.jpg

IMG_20240403_123013999.jpg

Thank you Your work has given me courage to jump in on this model. The photos and your wisdom will keep me grounded , can't thank you enough.......

That is what this site is all about, the members are a great help!! in all areas of model ship building

finished the first set of yards for the foremast, I cheated a little on the vertical foot rope holds as I made them from wire, not as per plan but for me works great. to rig the blocks and the foot ropes to the yards I drilled holes through the yard fed the twine through the drilled holes and wrapped them around the yard covering the the drilled hole to look like they are tied again worked great and looks good!! IMG_20240410_115957923 (1).jpg

Back