The model of Admiral Nelson's flagship HMS VICTORY - 1765 (DeAgostini, Scale 1:84)

8C7A5559.jpg
The VICTORY’s keel was laid down in my shipyard at the end of 2011. This is the third ship released in installments by the magazine. That is why I started building without knowing what I was setting myself in for. Having already assembled the hull, it was evident that the ship would be large and heavy and complicated to build. About the time I completed the first layer of planking to the gunports - I put it aside to complete first simpler models. This interruption lasted 3.5 years until January of 2017. I began work on it again and this time took it firmly in hand, without distractions until completion in June of 2017, the last steps being the flags and glass cover. It took me 4.5 full years to complete the model.

8C7A5644_1.jpg

8C7A5765.jpg

8C7A5530.jpg

8C7A5605.jpg

8C7A5614.jpg

8C7A5659.jpg

8C7A5732.jpg

8C7A5738.jpg

8C7A5741.jpg

8C7A5709_1.jpg

8C7A5572.jpg

8C7A5590.jpg

8C7A5655.jpg

8C7A5633_1.jpg

More details and photos you can find on this model's personal page:

Last edited by a moderator:
One question and I should have asked in my earlier post,did you photograph Alexey Banarov's Cumberland?I only ask because the style of photography is exactly the same as you show here.
It wasn't me!
Where can I see this photoset?
It is usually much easier to take pictures on a white background than on black ... But here I tried to simulate the moonlight - the model seemed to emerge from the darkness - it was an experiment ...

I must say the model and photos are both excellent work of art.

What camera system and lens did you use for close up photos.

In my past work in Air Force I was a photographer for them, and loved experimenting with back drops and lighting on subjects, and I didn't even have to pay for film in those days. It was called training....

I must say the model and photos are both excellent work of art.

What camera system and lens did you use for close up photos.

In my past work in Air Force I was a photographer for them, and loved experimenting with back drops and lighting on subjects, and I didn't even have to pay for film in those days. It was called training....

Back