The next build, Paddle Wheel Steam Ships, maybe?

I am also interested in building a steam paddle and there are a few to choose from in kit form. I just do not have the experience in building anything like that from scratch - I would not even know where to start.

start with listing all the paddle boat kits if there is nothing you like then start looking for a subject that interest you. there are a lot to choose from the grand Mississippi show boats to the little work boats, passenger boats to even iron clads such as the Cairo.

There are a number of river boat museums you can contact for information. so first find a subject then start looking for drawings. Scratch subjects can be of well documented boats like the one below.

as Zoltan said " model ship building is a thinking kind of hobby" you have to plan and research and figure things out as you go.

I’ve been working my way through Google Images looking at kits for steam paddle wheelers. There are quite a few to choose from.

I’ve also worked my way through the Dumas instructions for the Mount Washington. The kit does not appear over complicated but has a number of “cons” that I don’t care for, namely the plastic hull and other plastic parts.

Jan

I apologize John

when Harold Hahn passed away I received his collection of plans. The Thomas Edison was part of the collection he had. I scanned the plans and redrew them in CAD.

The images of the plans here are the originals I used as a reference to trace and redraw. I posted the originals and not the CAD drawings I drew.

There is no name or source mentioned on the plans, nor a copyright the author at the time I copied the plans was unknown. The drawings had no identification what so ever.

Many of the plans in Hahn's collection were from the HAMMS collection at the Smithsonian so I assumed the Thomas Edison could have come from that collection.
Now that I know the original drawings are actually drawn by you I will not in any way shape or form offer, sell or give away the CAD drawings.

looking back i can see i was not clear as to what plans I was talking about.

again i apologize John and removed the posts and images of your drawings.

I apologize John

when Harold Hahn passed away I received his collection of plans. The Thomas Edison was part of the collection he had. I scanned the plans and redrew them in CAD.

The images of the plans here are the originals I used as a reference to trace and redraw. I posted the originals and not the CAD drawings I drew.

There is no name or source mentioned on the plans, nor a copyright the author at the time I copied the plans was unknown. The drawings had no identification what so ever.

Many of the plans in Hahn's collection were from the HAMMS collection at the Smithsonian so I assumed the Thomas Edison could have come from that collection.
Now that I know the original drawings are actually drawn by you I will not in any way shape or form offer, sell or give away the CAD drawings.

looking back i can see i was not clear as to what plans I was talking about.

again i apologize John and removed the posts and images of your drawings.
I knew that that must some misunderstandings or confusion here,anyway here is Mr.Fryant’s website if anybody interested in these type of ships

Back