Devotional The Shipbuilders Devotional #18: When things go bad to worse !

Shipbuilder Devotionals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Everyone in life has a day or even days, or possibly weeks, years, when it seems like things start out good, then everything starts to go bad and then gets even worse! Well, there have been many books written on this subject. The bookshelves seem to be lined with "Why bad things happen to good People". Well, the truth is that bad things happen to good and bad people. So, who am I to even embrace this subject? What do I know? Well, to be honest, I am like the rest of all of us. I face my trials and tribulations.
As one person said, either you are going through the trouble, and if you are not, then you are about to. Well, that does not sound too promising, does it? No, (LOL) it does not. Is there any hope?
One famous person said, "If you feel like you are going through Hell, don't stop !" I think the point of this quip is that if you feel like you are going through a tough time, just keep going, and eventually, things will work out. Another famous person also said, "Tough times do not last, but tough people do". Also, this is a favorite of mine. "Problems have a lifespan" A particular problem will not last forever, it will either change, stop or move on to something else.
But, some may say that pain, suffering, trials, and tribulations are for a reason. We do not like trouble. I do not like trouble. As a matter of fact, I don't even like a conflict of any kind.
Some days it just seems that whatever I touch just does not work out as I wanted it to. Maybe some dreams and goals you have or had did not work out in your favor. As the Bible says "it rains on the just and the unjust". No one is immune to bad things that happen. However, how are we to handle those things when they come? I for one, am not good at dealing with tough times. I have to be honest here. Maybe you are more resilient. We are all different in the way we handle life and things. Even the Lord himself said in this life, you will have troubles. Even He Himself was not immune to problems and suffering. So, I am thinking how can I bring any hope to this? Things in life can make you Bitter or Better - there is only one "letter" that separates these two powerful words. I don't want to become bitter. The Bible also states "to forget the past, and strain onwards to the goal you have in Christ" - in other words, if I may be so bold to say, try changing in whom or what you put your trust or loyalty in or to. Problems are just that - problems, but try putting your faith in God that will help you navigate those rough seas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back