TIRPITZ

Back from the dead
aaaaaa (1).jpg

My last plastic kit that still exists, taken down from a shelf after about 35 years.
Was once tried on the sea - (bathtub) with an electric motor, quite close.
A little dust.
aaaaaa (2).jpgaaaaaa (3).jpgaaaaaa (4).jpgaaaaaa (5).jpgaaaaaa (6).jpgaaaaaa (7).jpgaaaaaa (8).jpg

Some dusting and gluing of loose parts, some are gone.
View from that nice side.
bbbbbb (1).jpgbbbbbb (2).jpgbbbbbb (3).jpgbbbbbb (4).jpgbbbbbb (5).jpgbbbbbb (6).jpgbbbbbb (7).jpgbbbbbb (8).jpgbbbbbb (9).jpgbbbbbb (10).jpgbbbbbb (11).jpg

I wanted to show this model since I wrote it on my profile.

Which Company made it? I apparently have similar parts bought at a garage sale years ago. Same hull and battery compartment and same slot for the motor switch. I think the hull measured out smaller than 1/350 though.
You did really nice on the painting. It'll look good cleaned up back on the shelf.
You must try the motors one more time though.
Nino.

Yes, really old kit. My garage sale "item" had dust as thick as the plastic.
Thanks for posting this and getting me interested again.

Your model turned out great. You even have port holes in the ships boats. Nice Detail!
Nino

Very Nice work KNUT. I love Airfix models they have some of the best details like rivets and panel lines on planes even down to the 1/72 scale. I have built just about all of the 1/72 scale planes. Is this ship RC or just runabout?

Only runabout and rudders are now glued. During World War II, the Tirpitz-Kåfjord and Sharhortz-Langfordboten, almost my father's neighbors.

Back