Torborg - Billing Boats 1:20

That language flip is the easy way as from Norwegian to Finnish would be a real challenge from what I have heard. Rich
From any language to finnish is about the worst possible decision... finnish is hard. I've lived in finland 28 years (all my life except one year in Norway), and even for me it is sometimes difficult. sometimes i find myself talking about something in finnish and suddenly i have no idea how to say things in finnis but in english or norwegian it would be easily explained in two words..

From any language to finnish is about the worst possible decision... finnish is hard. I've lived in finland 28 years (all my life except one year in Norway), and even for me it is sometimes difficult. sometimes i find myself talking about something in finnish and suddenly i have no idea how to say things in finnis but in english or norwegian it would be easily explained in two words..
I have also heard that Icelandic is difficult. There was a savant years ago who took a challenge to learn it by listening for a few weeks and then be linguistically challenged on TV. Somehow he had picked up enough of the vocabulary, grammar, and rhetoric to astound the "judges". Something about his converting words into mental images of shapes and colors that could be linked together in logical sequences and arrangements. Rich

Totally agree, never think I had managed to learn the Finnish language, is there any special place in Norway you are specifically applying to, maybe northern Norway, greetings-

Totally agree, never think I had managed to learn the Finnish language, is there any special place in Norway you are specifically applying to, maybe northern Norway, greetings
If i someday move to Norway, it'll most probably be somewere in the north, maybe tromsø. it is still rather close to my family in finland, and i know the town well as i've been there a lot.

I have also heard that Icelandic is difficult. There was a savant years ago who took a challenge to learn it by listening for a few weeks and then be linguistically challenged on TV. Somehow he had picked up enough of the vocabulary, grammar, and rhetoric to astound the "judges". Something about his converting words into mental images of shapes and colors that could be linked together in logical sequences and arrangements. Rich
I kind of do the same. i am trying to learn icelandic too, but it is difficult. not as difficult to learn as russian though

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I love Norwegian wooden boats, so it was a clear must have when i found this beauty in a webshop. i shall build her on the side as i work on my nordlandsbåt. Or maybe i will build two, i always scan or draw my parts somewhere before building these small kits, just in case i get the urge to do another one or happen to break a part or two. this kit's parts consist of lasercut plywood. i don't like the looks of plywood on these kits, but i shall still build her from original parts. As i mentioned, i might end up making one from thin pine or spruce planks too. more photos about her later on, when i get back home from work!
View attachment 187232
Dear @Virtakuono
sorry for the delay
we wish you all the Best for your yesterdays Birthday
Birthday-Cake

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

Happy birthday Lauri! I hope it was a great one !

I got the sails traced on the fabric, and i came to a conclusion that they will look more to scale if i won't sew them. instead, i will just very slightly age them, and i will seal the edges of sail before cutting with a 50/50 mix of wood glue and water and then stitch the rope to the edges.
I am building the Torborg now and I felt the same way about how the scale is thrown off with all the stitches! It’s makes the ship look like it would have been so tiny.
May I ask a question?... are those lines I see on your sail just pencil marks perhaps? Sorry for the silly question, I am very new to this hobby.

I am building the Torborg now and I felt the same way about how the scale is thrown off with all the stitches! It’s makes the ship look like it would have been so tiny.
May I ask a question?... are those lines I see on your sail just pencil marks perhaps? Sorry for the silly question, I am very new to this hobby.
Yes sir! made with a super sharp pencil with light strokes!