Troy's Heller HMS Victory

Looking for a little help from anyone who has used Shape Ways for detail parts... I ordered these side galleries balusters in 1/100 scale but they are too small. The designer has yet to help with how to go about getting some that are more to scale of the model. Don't get me wrong they did amazing work and if aniis out of scale it's most likely the model. Do you all think that going up in scale will do the trick? Or dose anyone have an alternative souyfor these parts?
Thank you. Troy

20210414_173313.jpg

Well, on my way... While waiting on the parts from @dafi I drilled the holes for the port lid ropes and did some sanding... While I agree this model has amazing details, the wood grain is too much for me... Also removed the steps, as I will build my own.

Attachments

• 20210502_134530.jpg
    20210502_134530.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210502_134551.jpg
    20210502_134551.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210502_134559.jpg
    20210502_134559.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 15
Great job you do - I have the question what HMS VICTORY you are going to build? As-built, Trafalgar, Black-White (longest shape she wore) or the recent slightly pink colouring with the HMS SHAH rigg?

Well, I am still working on that.
I like the idea of blending wood tones with some color... So, it will be Victory, but it will be my Victory. I am not a purist when it comes to exact replication... I like to put a good portion of ME in my work.. so... Stay tuned...

Ok. So, as I said at the start of this build, the stern of this model was not in good shape. The decorations were blemished and there were divots in the mold. So, I removed all the details and started over.
This is about 5 hours of work. I covered the stern upper portion with a veneer, it is naturally black in color, I am not sure of the species but I will get that information. The pillars between the windows will be walnut as seen in the 2nd photo All details, pilasters and decorations will be gold as seen in the 1st photo. Window glazing will be white. Hopefully, my rendition of Victory will be pleasing as I am planning on using color with wood tones. Insperation of using wood on plastic comes from Moarein, so, a big thanks goes out to that amazing builder!
That's it for now. Back to my 50 hr. a week real job. Wish I could put that much time into the build!
Best wishes to all!!

Troy

Attachments

• 20210516_171634.jpg
    20210516_171634.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210516_171622.jpg
    20210516_171622.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi Troy,
I had the same problem with the balusters of the side galleries. If you order new ones for another scale, they still won't fit.
The solution is - cut all the balusters - 1 by 1 from the matrix, and glue them again 1 by 1 to the gallery by slightly adjusting the distance between them.
There is also space above and below the balusters - I put a thin strip of pear.

Good luck with the model!

Looking for a little help from anyone who has used Shape Ways for detail parts... I ordered these side galleries balusters in 1/100 scale but they are too small. The designer has yet to help with how to go about getting some that are more to scale of the model. Don't get me wrong they did amazing work and if aniis out of scale it's most likely the model. Do you all think that going up in scale will do the trick? Or dose anyone have an alternative souyfor these parts?
Thank you. Troy
Hallo Troy alias @Troy250
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BELAYED BIRTHDAY
Sorry for the delay
Birthday-Cake

Back