Trumpeter 1/200 Missouri build [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Jim great very great job!! I have also the same kit and pontos upgrade set. My question is how to paint it? Of.you leave of like you built it? Ik.like to paint it what is it best to do? Besrbregards maai24

Greetings Jim,
While I was going through your log I didn't realize my better half was watching over my shoulder.
She smiles (not unusual) and says "I like that, get it" which is a change from "where are you going to put it".
Thanks Jim, I think--$700.00 for the kit & goodies and $35.000.00 for a room to display it in.;)
Seriously, very well done on your model.
Regards, Harley

The entire ship is molded in the grey plastic that you see in the pics. Only the airplanes are molded in clear plastic. Why??? But anyway, the entire hull has to be painted, similar to the Bismarck. The walls of the superstructure are another issue. The ship in WWII was painted a dark grey. The ship sitting in Pearl Harbor is painted a light grey. No decision at this time. As to the guns and the rest of the brass that comes in the add-on kit, none of that will be painted, following my Bismarck. I sincerely apologize for the commotion I have caused with you folks, but misery loves company.
The airplanes are clear so the cockpit canopy comes out clear after you paint it

Back