Tug Ulises OcCre (Completed)

Finished the Tug Ulises. First attempt at 1:30 scale ship model. I liked the size. Also first attempt at an RC model. It was great fun and I learned a lot. The build took a while because of the logistics required for paint and assembly. Also had to learn all about Radio Control stuff. I did not purchase the model with the RC package. I did not follow the OcCre construction sequence because of the difficulty in painting items after assembly. Glad I went out on my own. More logistical decisions and more time involved but It made for a higher quality build. Other builders of this ship have modified their construction in multiple ways to make it look more authentic as a working Tug. The officlal OcCre video is a case in point-(
). I bought the model because I liked its looks so I directed the build more towards looking like the picture on the box. I added a few extras for effect but in general the ship is “stock”.

IMG_1365.jpeg

IMG_1375.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1372.jpeg

IMG_1374.jpeg

IMG_1373.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_1390.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_1385.jpeg

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

IMG_1381.jpeg

IMG_1378.jpeg

IMG_1363.jpeg

I love my sail ships but I must say this is an absolute beauty.
I think now I'll have to look at buying this one .beautiful job by the way was she difficult to build

Cheers snowy
I would not say the build was difficult, but the hull work took a long time because of the waterproofing and size.

I have this on order, just hoping they are not 'out of stock'...........................
And I will be installing a Live Steam Plant
So hope to start a Thread some time soon.
Currently still working on my Billings African Queen with Live Steam.

Finished the Tug Ulises. First attempt at 1:30 scale ship model. I liked the size. Also first attempt at an RC model. It was great fun and I learned a lot. The build took a while because of the logistics required for paint and assembly. Also had to learn all about Radio Control stuff. I did not purchase the model with the RC package. I did not follow the OcCre construction sequence because of the difficulty in painting items after assembly. Glad I went out on my own. More logistical decisions and more time involved but It made for a higher quality build. Other builders of this ship have modified their construction in multiple ways to make it look more authentic as a working Tug. The officlal OcCre video is a case in point-(
). I bought the model because I liked its looks so I directed the build more towards looking like the picture on the box. I added a few extras for effect but in general the ship is “stock”.

View attachment 438530

View attachment 438531

View attachment 438532

View attachment 438533

View attachment 438534

View attachment 438535

View attachment 438536

View attachment 438537

View attachment 438538

View attachment 438539

View attachment 438540

View attachment 438541

View attachment 438542

View attachment 438543

View attachment 438544

View attachment 438546

View attachment 438550
Hi, Well done, a very nice model that you’ve made. I’ve built many period sailing ships over the years but have recently started my first tug, Panarts Antio, a similar build and I’m surprised just how much I’m enjoying it so I understand your enthusiasm. Ken

You did an absolute super job! I also built this and had to climb a bit of a learning curve with the RC stuff and the waterproofing of the hull. As with you and others I made some changes. I added davits for the lifeboats and put in a hatch so that crew could access below the deck. I also had some fun with adding various bits and pieces to the wheelhouse. I also renamed it the "Martha May" - for my wife. I thought she would be impressed, but she said, "You named a tugboat after me!?" I responded, "Well, yes, there is so much about a tugboat that reminds me of you...sturdy, strong, reliable, supportive..." This was not the right answer. She is expecting that the next boat named after her will be a sleek yacht or speedboat!" :D

IMG_3878.jpeg

IMG_3899.jpeg

IMG_3927.jpeg

You did an absolute super job! I also built this and had to climb a bit of a learning curve with the RC stuff and the waterproofing of the hull. As with you and others I made some changes. I added davits for the lifeboats and put in a hatch so that crew could access below the deck. I also had some fun with adding various bits and pieces to the wheelhouse. I also renamed it the "Martha May" - for my wife. I thought she would be impressed, but she said, "You named a tugboat after me!?" I responded, "Well, yes, there is so much about a tugboat that reminds me of you...sturdy, strong, reliable, supportive..." This was not the right answer. She is expecting that the next boat named after her will be a sleek yacht or speedboat!" :D

View attachment 446780

View attachment 446781

View attachment 446782
Carleroo,
I looked at your build at least a hundred times. You did a great job and your tug styling was very inspirational during my build. I too named the vessel after my wife. The "Jan D". She looked at me with a smile and said " Gee...I never had a boat named after me. The fact it was a tug never entered the narrative., Phew!

Carleroo,
I looked at your build at least a hundred times. You did a great job and your tug styling was very inspirational during my build. I too named the vessel after my wife. The "Jan D". She looked at me with a smile and said " Gee...I never had a boat named after me. The fact it was a tug never entered the narrative., Phew!
You are too kind. I'm glad you were able to overlook all the dings, dents and other construction glitches on my tug to find my build inspirational! As far as your wife's comments about being named after a tugboat, you got off easy!!

Back