Unboxing - Stilac -by MarisStella 1:32 -610mm

I was looking for something which would not require months or years to complete and found this 19th Century model from MarisStella.

(Taken from the MarisStella website)
Stilac is a ship of recent times, namely of the 19th century, is welcomed by a large number of boat builders.
She is built along the east coast of the Adriatic Sea to transport a wide variety of products linking the islands to the mainland.
To explain and present this simple design, between the coastal people there is “a deep rooted” expression for the construction of the ship - well done. The stern and sails were taken from Bracera, the bow by the logger.
This ship can be from 12 to 20 meters long.
Stilac still sails today, obviously with an engine and without sails and is used for the transport of passengers and for the extraction and transport of marine sands.

01_shipping carton.jpg
Shipping carton arrived with no apparent damage

02_Stilac carton.jpg

03_Open box.jpg
Open box shows everything carefully packaged with plan sheets and instruction booklet on top

04_Laser sheets bulkheads.jpg
4mm Plywood bulkheads and cradle

05_Laser cut Walnut sheets.jpg
Laser cut walnut panels .6mm-6mm thickness

06_Stripwood.jpg
Walnut and Limewood strips and dowels

07_Deadeys, anchors etc..jpg
Walnut dead-eyes, blocks. Rings chain and anchors

08_Cordage.jpg
Black cordage .25mm -1.25mm light cordage .25mm – 1.25mm

09_Pre-sewn sail mat'l.jpg
Pre-sewn sails

10_Instruction book.jpg
140 pg. illustrated instruction manual

11_Illustrations.jpg
Illustrations

12Illustrations cont'd.jpg

13_Plan sheet #1.jpg
Plan sheets 35” x 39”

14_Plan sheet #2.jpg
Plan sheets 35” x 39”

15_Brass photo etched.jpg
.5 & 1mm Photo etched brass sheets

16_Silaca Gel.jpg
Silica Gel to keep my powder dry:rolleyes:

Wood products appear to be of very good quality and nicely cut

Instruction manual is in three languages, thankfully I can read one of them

Will do a build log however, not sure when I will be able to start the build as I have currently a build ongoing.
Should be a fun build as there isn't tons of rigging to deal with. :)

Looking like a very interesting kit - with good quality material
Many Thanks for showing and sharing with us

I agree with Uwe, it does look like an interesting kit and should be fun to assemble. Thank you for sharing and...you got it right, we are looking for your build log once. ;)

Now that is a very nice model - and I would love to build her one day - thank you for posting this and your build log - looks like a fun and relaxing build.

Now that is a very nice model - and I would love to build her one day - thank you for posting this and your build log - looks like a fun and relaxing build.
Thanks Donnie, given my current position of full time caregiver to the Admiral I needed something not too complex as build time is at a premium right now. It’s a way off for a build as I currently have another on the bench.

Can you explain on Maristella site what is difference between retro price and upgraded price - and did you purchase straight from Maristella or did you get from a USA dealer.

Thanks
Donnie

Can you explain on Maristella site what is difference between retro price and upgraded price - and did you purchase straight from Maristella or did you get from a USA dealer.

Thanks
Donnie
I don't know the difference between retro and upgraded pricing. I did purchase it from a USA dealer and judging by what I paid I certainly hope it's the upgraded kit. :rolleyes:

I gleaned this from the website:
The Upgraded project contains
-new designs; 2 sheets measuring 900x1000mm each, 35.43''x39.37''
-thick A4 color instruction booklet, 140 pages
-photo-etched brass sheets: 2 sheets, 0.5mm and 0.9mm of thickness
-9 types of light and dark rigging threads with all rigging materials
-pre-sewn sails
-more high quality wood materials
-laser-cut wooden sheets, 6 sheets

All required materials for constructing this model are included in the kit.

The instructions are written in English, Italian and Croatian.

Back