Understanding the instruction manual

Hi,
I have taken receipt of the Alert from Trident and my first impression of the contents is good. I had to order some pages of the instruction manual (pages 56; 57 and 64) from the manufacturer as these were too faint too read.

My only contention with the kit at the moment is understanding the instructions in English. I had to read several passages moreover to try and get to grips with what is required.
I assume the instructions are standard, so there may be more builders of this model out there experiencing similar problems.

I will start building the Alert when I have completed the Endeavour and I intend posting a build log on this site.
Trevor

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Great news, Trevor. English manual is the only thing that falls short of this great kit. However, we have multiple build logs discussing 'gray' areas of the manual. Also, it is an indispensable resource containing a revised parts numbers and their locations on the board. Check @paulv1958 Paul's build log, he made an English translation manual.

Hi folks I have responded to Trevor with some files. Most of these are in the Build ref Documents section of this build forum
Happy to put the instructions word file in the build area if admin happy. It is an editable file. I stopped at page 20( the parts & diagrams were fixed for all) as from then on its really relying on images & the plans for decisions. I originally only had the PDF from Alert, so I had to convert a lot of it.

Pls review other members builds and my videos as I go through the discrepancies there and it is a build as per the instructions without any additional features or modifications. It is an out of the box build. If anyone is stuck, pls pose the questions in the forum or privately, very happy to share my experience and how I did it.( Not capability or expertise as thats not that special, I'm not a woodworker, just a hobbiest) I normally look at the site daily, but not at everything.
Notifications for some sections I get in my email.

The largest confusion is the parts for the Cabins and how they affect the standard build. The parts list for the cabins is there.