Understanding the instruction manual

Hi,
I have taken receipt of the Alert from Trident and my first impression of the contents is good. I had to order some pages of the instruction manual (pages 56; 57 and 64) from the manufacturer as these were too faint too read.

My only contention with the kit at the moment is understanding the instructions in English. I had to read several passages moreover to try and get to grips with what is required.
I assume the instructions are standard, so there may be more builders of this model out there experiencing similar problems.

I will start building the Alert when I have completed the Endeavour and I intend posting a build log on this site.
Trevor

Great news, Trevor. English manual is the only thing that falls short of this great kit. However, we have multiple build logs discussing 'gray' areas of the manual. Also, it is an indispensable resource containing a revised parts numbers and their locations on the board. Check @paulv1958 Paul's build log, he made an English translation manual.

Hi folks I have responded to Trevor with some files. Most of these are in the Build ref Documents section of this build forum
Happy to put the instructions word file in the build area if admin happy. It is an editable file. I stopped at page 20( the parts & diagrams were fixed for all) as from then on its really relying on images & the plans for decisions. I originally only had the PDF from Alert, so I had to convert a lot of it.

Pls review other members builds and my videos as I go through the discrepancies there and it is a build as per the instructions without any additional features or modifications. It is an out of the box build. If anyone is stuck, pls pose the questions in the forum or privately, very happy to share my experience and how I did it.( Not capability or expertise as thats not that special, I'm not a woodworker, just a hobbiest) I normally look at the site daily, but not at everything.
Notifications for some sections I get in my email.

The largest confusion is the parts for the Cabins and how they affect the standard build. The parts list for the cabins is there.

dear Paul @paulv1958
i just got the H.M.S. kit Alert. I am reading the manual but I have some difficulty in understanding the sequence of construction of the frames. You could help me like you did Trevor
Thank you.

dear Paul @paulv1958
i just got the H.M.S. kit Alert. I am reading the manual but I have some difficulty in understanding the sequence of construction of the frames. You could help me like you did Trevor
Thank you.
Hi, What is is the specific issue so I can get a better understanding. Is it the first side of the rib( frame), or the second half. They are done slightly different. Also are we talking about the half fames or the full rib. You can PM is you like. Happy to provide any info.

Thanks for the very quick reply.
Your questions are, as usual, very precise but at this moment I am not able to make you an equally precise request as the kit has just arrived, I'm reading the instructions, but if I read on page 2 the types of ribs to assemble I can't figure out which numbered parts I can build the ribs with. as I do not want to take away any more time, if you are okay, I reserve the right to ask for your help when I have a clearer situation and I will be able to ask you more specific questions that at this moment I am not able to ask you.
thank you

There is an excel file in the buld ref doc section at the main group forum. It has the rib no, the parts for that rib and which sheet they are on.

copied the excel file. I am modifying it because in the new version sheet 14 has been removed and therefore the position of the pieces is different. once completed (I hope correctly) I make it available.
I'm sorry but I did not understand " IT HAS THE RIB NO"

This is probably related to the Trident=seller's last post. He wrote me about #1 - #13 and did not answer what it was all about.
Is this change of sheets described somewhere?

Radek

copied the excel file. I am modifying it because in the new version sheet 14 has been removed and therefore the position of the pieces is different. once completed (I hope correctly) I make it available.
I'm sorry but I did not understand " IT HAS THE RIB NO"
Hello Argonauta, Good to know you acquired the Alert kit. We are hoping you can present your own construction in the build log. Before delving into the actual assembly, I highly suggest checking the build logs of other members in the build group. You will be surprised to find the answers to most of your questions.

Grazie per il tuo suggerimento. Ti assicuro che andrò a cercare ovunque perché le spiegazioni di Tident non mi sono molto chiare

sorry i need help. I see that to reply to comments they copy the previous sentence (xxxx said). can you suggest me how to do it?

sorry i need help. I see that to reply to comments they copy the previous sentence (xxxx said). can you suggest me how to do it?
Each rib has a a number, the spread sheet has the the Rib no ( Abbreviation for number). The manual shows you how to do each rib type ( 1 , 2 , & 3 )
The diagrams at the end of the manual show were the rib parts are on the sheets. They are numbered Rib number - section.. For example a two part rib has two parts + the join chock so they are called 1-1, 1-2 & 1-3 for rib 1 2-1,2-2,2-3 for rib 2 etc.

The build box shows you where they go and the rib template hold the parts( They fit exactly, so of hey do not fit you have the wrong parts) while they dry prior to fitting in hull. Its very simple, like a lego set. YTou just have to clean them up. Follow the manual exactly and you cant go wrong. Look at my videos, start a build log here long and read others ( Jimsky's is an excellent example.) We will all help you.

Back