Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow
on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due
to higher level of AI Activity Security.
The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.
NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month
of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.
Thank you for the question! If I understand the problem, the sides of the sponson base do not match the slope of the bulwarks. I remember this problem. I just kept adding scrap wood to the back of the sponson base and sanding until the back of the sponson base matched the bulwark slope. See image below.
Red line shows the bulwark slope slightly exaggerated. Blue arrows pointing to the problem area shown by the yellow triangle.
If that's not what you're talking about, please send pics so I can see.
No that is not the problem. The distance from the slot in the rail and the top of the rail is 11mm, The 3 sections of the pontoon glued to gether only make up 7mm. (kit instructions only show 3 pieces) I am in the process of making up two more sections from scrap to reach the 11mm but these pieces are not provided in the kit or described. What I am asking is if you had the same problem - what did you do as your side piece is obviousely thicker ???
Well I think I have found my answer, The attached picture shows a spacer between the items. As I did not provide the spacer I will have to increase my thickess with more sections. Now I look closer at the photo I posted - there is a spacer there ( but not obviouse)