USS Constitution Build log by VIC [COMPLETED BUILD]

Some days, I feel like this:
1627219575820.png
It has been a lot of labor. Some days, there was much vexation of the spirit. There has definitely been no financial profit. So what have I gained? New friends, encouragement, opportunities to be an encouragement. and the joy of creating. I think the process is often more important than the end result.

Danke, APhil! Letzten Monat begann ich ein neues modell des Schiffes Constitution. Eine etwas einfachere Variante. The new one is a solid hull ship. Thanks for viewing!
Hi! You do the one from Bluejacket? They say it's even more difficult than that from model shipways (which I bought). Beste Grüße aus Wien:)

The one on this build log is the USS Constitution by Billing Boats in Denmark. The one I'm working on now is by Scientific Models. Which company produced your Constitution? It doesn't look like the Billing version. And you did a pretty good job of furling your sails.

Some days, I feel like this:
View attachment 246090
It has been a lot of labor. Some days, there was much vexation of the spirit. There has definitely been no financial profit. So what have I gained? New friends, encouragement, opportunities to be an encouragement. and the joy of creating. I think the process is often more important than the end result.
I agree. The fun is in the journey of the build. Once I finish one I get a little depressed that the journey is over.

The one on this build log is the USS Constitution by Billing Boats in Denmark. The one I'm working on now is by Scientific Models. Which company produced your Constitution? It doesn't look like the Billing version. And you did a pretty good job of furling your sails.
It's the one from Billing but with some changes. Tried to give it more the 1812 look and also constructed the entire canon deck from scratch.

I've made my own boats and built the inside from scratch. It went quite well. Now I'll try the difficult version from Modelshipways.

Back