USS CONSTITUTION REVELL 1/96 scale

I had some parts that were not completely formed and had done a terrible job painting the decks on my 1/96 Cutty Sark. Revell sent the replacement parts and new deck parts without charging me, I don't know if Revell Germany would do the same. I'm sure if you contacted them, they would provide parts.

I have some yard arms if you need them. I don't think Revell is making parts for this kit anymore, it's not in production.
Thank you for your offer. I think for the USS Constitution I am good regarding yards and masts.
I had hoped that Revell might have some parts for these large models.
I am also building the 36 inch Cutty Sark. I also got this off ebay. Someone had started it, but the masts are terribly warped and broken. I don't know if I can repair the broken ones. More importantly, if I can fix the warped masts. I hate to give up on it because it is a beautiful model.

hmmmmm.....what happened to pbryan?....anyone know?....pray him well.......
i'll be starting this kit whenever i get it....from florida to burns lake bc hmmmmm.....ordered fittings from ''his'' models too.......so i was happy to see this thread.... but but but........so many start threads, then disappear without a hint....i always built wood models, now i'm too old, and can't mess up the apt in the retirement home, so i thought i'd have fun with this kit..

Last edited:
Working two of these now, rigging the first and working the gun deck on the second.
Watch your transom, there are fitting problems with both the gun deck sections and the transom.

I forgot to mention this, but on the second build, I noticed that the forward gun deck is also miscast, and needs sanded too, you can see it as the plastic deck extends beyond the wood engraving.
I was at the hobby shop yesterday, and he had an old Cutty Sark in the store room, still in original seal, a little dusty! Bought it for $20.00! Revell.

Thank you for your offer. I think for the USS Constitution I am good regarding yards and masts.
I had hoped that Revell might have some parts for these large models.
I am also building the 36 inch Cutty Sark. I also got this off ebay. Someone had started it, but the masts are terribly warped and broken. I don't know if I can repair the broken ones. More importantly, if I can fix the warped masts. I hate to give up on it because it is a beautiful model.
The second Connie I have has the rudder missing. I went down to my hobby shop for some basswood and made a new one.

Back