USS CONSTITUTION REVELL 1/96 scale

Coastie, my kit had that same problem with the transom. I got it to fit fairly well using thin gap CA and filled the small gap with putty.That seems to be an issue with this kit.

Yes, I’m past the point of no return for the studsail booms and yards. I’m making my own with bamboo skewers. Think I will take your advice about import positions though. Thank you for the reference. You’re right. I have a lot to learn especially with terminology. Thanks again for the help.
Go online and look up "furling sails". Keep it simple too. Furled sails look great. Use Kleenex, per another modeler"s blog, whose name I forget (have to learn to write things down), with Elmer's Wood Glue at 20% and water at 80% mix. The color is right, the results are pretty good.
The kit sails make the Connie look like a toy. Also over time they deteriorate and crack. My own build will be with furled sails. The Kleenex sails look great and are great on the budget too. And they cut down some on the rigging.

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hi all. I’m Paul and have decided to take up modeling again. I used to build some in high school but now 35 yrs later I decided to give it a shot. I went with the USS Constitution as I retired from the Navy and wanted to do something historical. I’ll post pics as I progress. I’ve been at it for about 3 weeks so far.
Hallo @pbryan ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you still working on your Constitution? Maybe you want to update your log.....

pbryan - here is an interesting article on color scheme(s) used for the USS Constitution. A little long but I think you would enjoy reading it. (if you haven't already!
Reading the article referred to in post #86 made my bones ache.