USS Grouper ss-214 (1:48 scale) R/C WWll era, Gato Class Submarine) 78" in length

Hello all!
To provide some background, I originally posted here some time ago in response to a gentleman who had a submarine hull and assorted parts for sale, and thought as an alternative to selling, that he may consider completing the model, and so I had offered my help as having built the same particular model submarine and familiar with the various aspects of the build.
Unfortunately, he had not responded back, nor did he respond to others who actually expressed an interest in purchasing what was offered for sale, to the best of my understanding. In any regard, I simply thought there may be those interested in such a submarine kit that is offered here in the USA and manufactured by "The Scale Shipyard", The company does offer this kit along with many other such model ships in various scales. POI, I have no association with the manufacturer personally or professionally but simply provide this info. as a fellow modeler to those who may have an expressed interest in this or other such model kits.
Note: The model build had begun several yrs.ago in 2010 and was completed in 2011 with the help and insight of others in the field at that time. Thank goodness for the various modeling forums such as this, and to those willing to assist others.
If interested, please find a YouTube link below of the model. As with most R/C models, inspections and maintenance are routine and as you can imagine go hand in hand. Enjoy!

To the moderator, If the above information has been posted in the improper category, please accept my apologies.
Regards,

Last edited:
Back