Victory and Hello!

I think Peter G. was asking me to post pics of HMS Snake. I don't like posting build logs because for me personally they take too much time away from actual modelling, and I'm getting along in years. But I can post a couple of pics here tomorrow.
Whatever you chose will be much appreciated. :D Thumbsup

I just found and joined this really useful website. Not given to that usually but I loke this vibe.
I'm a retired Aerospace executive who grew up in the London area but emigrated to Texas some 40 years ago. After we finished raising kids I started building ships. I'd always wanted to do it but i was a plastic builder for 50 years first.
I built an Endeavour as my first about five years ago then embarked on a 78 scale Victory. I stopped and started a few times but now, she's nearly finished. It was WAY too ambitious for a 2nd project but I've made it through.
Thanks for looking!
John

The 56 year Chelsea fan!!

View attachment 410741

View attachment 410742

View attachment 410743

View attachment 410744
Beautifuk ship. Can't imagine knowing each rope and line, their names and uses....

Thanks. I was all aeroplanes too. I've no idea where my love for ships has come from as everybody in my family has aircraft on the resumes! But I got bored with the same things, scratchbuilding was going away and frankly I didn't like the shading and inking that had taken over at contests without a thought for reality! Lol
I wish I'd found shipbuilding earlier. I love the whole subject area and the history.
Cheers,
John
Once you get the ship building bug bite, it is hard to quite, like eating only one potato chip from the bag.

We have a rope factory here if you run out in Texas, haha. Great job. Mine is about to be going through the window yet again !

Back