Victory. Trinidad and wilhelm zu pferde.

Hi alle. Its a long time ago since in posted someting here. Ik had to move to a new house. And du to That my healt problems became worse. Building onze 3 boats now. The trinidad.
20180505_100021.jpg20180505_100056.jpg
On top wilhelm zu pferde andere below trinidad. Will post victory soon bussy with the sails.

Three ships in same time? I am looking forward to see the progress, sitting in the first row......

Tnx all. Doing the sails and wires onze the Victory causes aan lot of painin neck and head. So this goes very slow. Trinidad was birthday present and the wilhelm was bought verry cheap. So in coulnd this one go. Its normal 840 euro ande i bought it for 150. But its a difficult one. Only drawings andere advertenties lot to find out yourself without picture book.

Does anyone know an easy way tot knot the ropes where they climb in?. Dont know the english name. Causes me a lot of pain in neck. Can only do 1 a Day.

Does anyone know an easy way tot knot the ropes where they climb in?. Dont know the english name. Causes me a lot of pain in neck. Can only do 1 a Day.

I guess you mean the shrouts and ratlines?

800px-Mir(22).jpg

We had this video already a short ime ago, but I could not find the location at SOS, so here the good video showing the way to make the ratlines

Important is, to put a white paper behind, so you can see and recognize the lines easier.
Hope this is helping.....

Good video, it is always interesting to see how others do it. The ratlines themselves look really good. The distance between the ratlines is way out of scale, but he also said this. What I mean would create even better looking ratlines is using cow hitches on the first and last shrouds so the ends of the ratlines would point inwards rather than outwards.
Janos

Still looking for aan quicker and less painfull way. Ik have reumatism and worn neck so making these knots causses aan lot of headaches for 2 days. Some glue to fix the the wires instead of knots?

I cant decide if i should maken the cannons black organisatie leave them as they are. The brass color. Anyone sugestions? Think black is more natural.

I think that in black would be better Pat
do you want to paint them in black or do you want to use chemical stuff?
groetjes
willy
Hallo @Pat71 ,
I fully agree here with Willy. To leave them in brass looks nice (for some people), but is not realistic. They were black, dark gray or most a dark bronze color....
Take a look at @didit ´s topic related to "looking at cannons"
https://www.shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?threads/looking-at-cannons.1937/
Painting or blackening / brunisseur is the way you should do.
For blackening there are aloready fixed finished stuff like "Blacken-It" or "brass black" etc. available.

Ik want try to make my own cannons. Does anyone how you can make them? From melted Iron or other materials exept wood.

Hi Patrick,

You can cast them from resin ( giethars ) with this you can create very detailed results.

Tnx but where do in make the mal (dutch word. Dont know the english word) from where you put it in for the shape?

Back