Victory. Trinidad and wilhelm zu pferde.

Tnx m8. Its not better then yours m8. Learnt aan lot from victory. So many mistakes looking everytime couple of pages Ahead so i can make the modificatoins early. Used mahony wood and wallnot instead of the kitts wood.learning every Day. Think its hobby for life. So many i want to built in future

Tnx. Gonna sell them i think. Keep my first 1 as example to see my progress. Made lot of mistakes with the first.

Lightning of telephone camera isnt that good. Will take other pictures with real camera. Making pictures is an different kind of art then building boats

The New decks. Almost finished. Next time gonna varnish or wax the wood first. How do you wax it by the way? Lower deck almost done then gonna give it a lite sanding and a little paint ore wax if sumbody can help me with that how to do it

20180607_190520.jpg

Sorry for bad quality of the picture. Maybe this ones better.

20180606_194848.jpg

Hi Patrick,

The deck will be best to do it with a matt varnish, the outside hull if not painted can be done with a wax or oil. Why the deck with a varnish? The original decks were not painted at all, these were cleaned with pumstone to prevent to get slippery. The deck therefore should be matt and with a wax or oil you get a satin or gloss finish.

See herewith my RC hull with wax.
20171213_135709.jpg
Creating satin and matt appearances on the different surfaces will make your model more realistic and more beatiful. One advice never use gloss paints.

See below the deck of the batavia which is untreated.
bovendekbatavia.jpg

Working on the frontside aan bit. Still waiting for the cannon ports that i am missing. Was working with my woodbender and a little piece of wood fell on the floor. I wanted to pick it up and cracked a rib again. 3th this year.so easy. Wound on leg still open. Dangerous hobby.

20180611_170204.jpg

Little update. Its hard building with broken ribs but i wanted to build so found a way to do someting today. Instead of glueing alot to the boat aan made aan stroké for the inside of the decks. I took a slice of balsa 1mm thick and pushed the gunports in it and cut it out. Ports and glue then the strokes of wood in between and then used glue to make it on the inside of the decks. So i could Do the work flat onze my desk.

20180613_183428.jpg20180613_191833.jpg20180613_181007.jpg

Hello Pat and glad to see your health has improved so that you could start posting once again. Cheers!!!

Tnx i received the ports and the have sended me a nameplate. Santisima trinidad build by. ... healt is inproving ribs still hurt but i got this for fathersday so it makes work easyer. A beltsaw

20180617_154904.jpg

Reactions: ADC
Back