Wappen Von Hamburg, Corel, a sort of log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello and welcome again. Today’s offering is Wappen showing off her finery, almost ready to go to a regatta. As you can see she has been painted, detailed, varnished and all of the castings and canons fitted just the masts and rigging to go. Again sorry about the huge leap forward but these pictures were just to show the shop staff how it was coming along and not to show how it was done.

View attachment 412676

View attachment 412677

View attachment 412678

View attachment 412679

View attachment 412680

View attachment 412681

View attachment 412682

View attachment 412683
She is awesome, perhaps sexy and more sexy. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the conclusion of this log. Again I’m sorry that I haven’t any photos of building the masts and making up the rigging just these pictures of the completed build.

Over the years I have three favourite builds, this being one of them, another, my all time favourite is the Royal William, again I haven’t done a log here but I did take hundreds of photos showing in detail how I made every part and completed the build for the purpose of doing a log. Because of the interest shown and the many kind remarks that you’ve given I’ve decided to do a retro log here, you can see how much I’d progressed since this build. If you’re interested you’ll have to wait until I’ve finished my current Blandford build and log.

Many thanks to all for joining me on this voyage; it’s been a pleasure having you accompany me. Ken

View attachment 412818

View attachment 412819

View attachment 412820

View attachment 412821

View attachment 412822

View attachment 412823

View attachment 412824

View attachment 412825

View attachment 412826

View attachment 412827

View attachment 412828

View attachment 412829

View attachment 412830

Royal William

View attachment 412831
Amazing work, I have no words. Thank you for sharing.

While never a military paratrooper I did 19 jumps for the fun of it as sport jumper, then got married and stopped jumping.

After 40 years my wife said my son wanted to go do one jump for his bucket list and said I could go with him.

I told her no way, as you don't offer a recovering drunk one sip of a bottle and expect him to never drink again.

Thank you to all those who served in your countries military as a paratrooper.
Hello everyone on SOS! I just wanted to note that for a man getting married is like jumping out with a parachute, the parachute opens, you hover above the ground... and you just can’t land... you have to cut the lines... that’s how you, dear friend Kurt Konrath, do all twenty jumps . Simply, the last one is protracted! and this is very good. I wish you good luck and happiness.

Привет, Фил! Должен сказать, что я не скучаю по парашютному спорту. Я думаю, что в то время у США и Великобритании была огромная разница в военном бюджете, не было возможности для развлекательных прыжков, проводились только тактические тренировочные. Накануне вам предстояло установить тяжелое оборудование и подготовиться к синтетическому грунту, без сна, добираться до аэродрома, несколько часов езды на неудобных грузовиках, прыжок обычно совершался ночью ниже 1000 футов, чтобы вы были в позиции с первыми лучами солнца. начать трех- или четырехдневные полевые учения. За исключением начальной подготовки, мои воспоминания о прыжках были связаны с усталостью, холодом, голодом и вообще измотанием. Большую часть своей службы я прослужил, поэтому у меня никогда не было возможности совершить много прыжков, всего около тридцати. Несмотря на все это, быть молодым с товарищами-единомышленниками было хорошим временем и привело меня к обстоятельствам, которые сильно повлияли на всю остальную очень счастливую жизнь.

Меня отправили на год в Йемен. То же место, тот же общий конфликт, разница в 55 лет, почему мировые лидеры никогда не учатся?

View attachment 410462

Hi Phil, I must say that I don’t miss parachuting. I think that at that time the US and UK had a vast difference in their military budget, there was no opportunity for recreational jumps only tactical training ones were carried out. The day before would be for rigging heavy equipment and synthetic ground training, no sleep, getting to the airfield, a few hours away in uncomfortable trucks, the jump would usually be below 1000ft at night so that you would be in position for first light to start a three or four day field exercise. Except for initial training my memories of jumps were of being tired, cold, hungry and generally knackered. I was deployed for much of my service so never had the opportunity to get in many jumps, only about thirty in all. For all that, being young with like minded comrades was a good time and led me to circumstances that strongly influenced the rest of a very happy life.

Me, deployed for a year in Yemen. Same place, same general conflict, 55 years apart, why do world leaders never learn.

View attachment 410462
The armies are very different, but people's stories are as similar as drops of water. NO WAR!

The armies are very different, but people's stories are as similar as drops of water. NO WAR!
Hi, I couldn’t agree more, it’s the young that get sent to fight over the failed policies of those in power, if it was their sons that were sent perhaps they may have a different veiw

Last edited:
Hello again Ken! And Hello modelers, SOS readers! And again you have all my admiration!! Magical beautiful model! and a very interesting and informative build magazine!

Reactions: Ken
Back