What’s up with Jim Byrnes?

I’ve been wanting to order a Byrnes table saw for months now, but the site has been shut down to machine orders due to “inventory & vacation”. At first it was “we’ll be back in August” then to “mid-October”, and now “sometime in November”… anybody know what’s going on over there?

I wanted a table saw for a while but I have now purchased a different saw and will do most of my cutting with that.
I was thinking of a disk sander too, but I think I'm going to get a spindle sander instead that can also have a horizontal belt.

Triton.jpg

Last edited:
I’m about at that point, but I know my luck… as soon as I went with something different, he would open back up. I was just hoping that, with as many people around here who have been at this a long time, someone might have a personal connection to Jim to say whether I should continue waiting.

I’ve been wanting to order a Byrnes table saw for months now, but the site has been shut down to machine orders due to “inventory & vacation”. At first it was “we’ll be back in August” then to “mid-October”, and now “sometime in November”… anybody know what’s going on over there?
It is a family-operated business, only Donna and Jim. Maybe someone is not feeling good and requires some medical attention.

I had that thought as well… not trying to sound rude about it even though I know I tend to be a bit “forward”. Just trying to get a feeler out as to if I should continue the wait.
...there is only one Jim Byrnes saw out there, and the quality has been proven for years, It is up to you! If they wanted to close, they would do so. you may just wait a bit more...it worth, IMHO

I have been in the same boat (hehe) for a while..If nothing by December 1, then I have to bit the bullet for the other "Green" one...

Having owned the Byrnes machines table saw and also the Proxxon table saw, there is no comparison. The Byrnes is far superior in my opinion.
Proxxon FET is good for larger pieces, KS230 for smaller ones. For it to fulfill any functions, you must have 2 saws, a small one and a large one.
After your post, I realized that they replace one Byrnes, but there is no point in comparing mass production to a small home-based company. Byrnes will always be better because it is handcrafted.

I did manage to get the Byrnes MM Thickness sander last year, there was a small delay between ordering and shipment due to delays from one of their suppliers.

Back