which victory

i built a victory a few years ago but seeing some of the models on here i have decided to try again , so which kit would be good for a second attempt ,

i built a victory a few years ago but seeing some of the models on here i have decided to try again , so which kit would be good for a second attempt ,

Take a look at this very actual topic

Depending off course also of the possible space on your working place - scale?

space isn't an issue , and , so far , i usually go by plans , research not being a strong point for me , but this site is more inspiring than you would think and its making me rethink my boat building , i would also like to invest in better quality tools as everything i've done in the past has been with hand tools and although very passable i think that joints would be more accurate with power tools ,but that's a whole other topic , i'm still working on my endeavor and that is coming along nicely , but it is showing me the need for better research , the caldercraft kit is quite expensive but i have plenty of time to save for it so i think there will definitely be one in my future .thank you

If you do not know......
cc kit & doco is is awsome!. If your going big, then it really is the only option at this stage.
the mentioned "cc kit" means in full words "Caldercraft-kit" and is the same company like "Jotika"

I've built the Caldercraft Victory and it is a superb kit - I really fancy doing another but am going to wait for the new release from Chris Watton & Amati - its in 1/64 scale so will be huge and, if its anything like their other projects should be a beauty!

I've built the Caldercraft Victory and it is a superb kit - I really fancy doing another but am going to wait for the new release from Chris Watton & Amati - its in 1/64 scale so will be huge and, if its anything like their other projects should be a beauty!
Great info - We would be very interested in seeing your Caldercraft HMS Victory model :cool:

Great info - We would be very interested in seeing your Caldercraft HMS Victory model :cool:
Sorry Uwek - I built that model about 17 years ago and any photos I took have long since gone. The model was actually bought by the Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London and was on display for a few years but has since been replaced by an even better example.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE
I little while ago, someone else had questions about the CC Victory kit. I did a short unboxing summary that speaks a bit about the package and q
i built a victory a few years ago but seeing some of the models on here i have decided to try again , so which kit would be good for a attempt ,
I little while ago someone else had a question about Victory kits. I had/still have the CC kit. So I did a short review of my perception of the quality of the kit via an unboxing. You can find it here.

Well ,that would take at least 5 years to be release ,you may want to build something else while waiting for the Amati kit

Well ,that would take at least 5 years to be release ,you may want to build something else while waiting for the Amati kit
I hear you - though I understand the prototype is complete and they are just working on the manual so hopefully more like 2 years - either way I'm covered as I am halfway through the Mary Rose, with Amati's Fife still in the box & ZHL's Mayflower arriving next week - so all good :)

Back