Wilhelm zu pferde

I dont have all the mermaids in think. I need a lot for the back and the left overs are small ones

Hi Pat,
If I was building this model again, I would not use the cast metal stern galley windows, rather I would buy some aftermarket brass photoetch ones instead. I would also get better rudder hinges and gunport hinges.

Where can you get those Windows? If i can get the Stern and cabines in good shape i will continu the built dont know if i am at the right level of building this ship yet. Not so much experience and the level is high. Otherwise i will build an other kit first after the trinidad to get more experians.

Little update. Made the cabines. The big curl at the end in will put it on the cabin when it is made to the hull. Looking if the bow spirit fits. If thats the name and working on the planking inside the decks. Did some rope onze the cannons because i had to glue them in on the gundeck because the maindeck was glued in already and when cannons come losse in can get them with the ropes and glue them again. The Just fit trough the cannon ports. Only way to get them there. Tnx for looking.

IMG-20180720-WA0002.jpgIMG-20180720-WA0001.jpgIMG-20180720-WA0000.jpg

G'day Pat
Been watching from the sidelines as I don't know this model. Better to let John who is an expert tell you what to do.
All I can say mate, is brilliant progress and keep it up.
Happymodeling
Greg

Ik have in little problem with the wood for the second planking of the hull. Its walnut but some strips are bit yellow and some brown and some bit gray. How do i get bit universel hull. I tried to sort them by color but then i have one yellow side and one Brown. Not enough of 1 color for whole hull. is it ok to have mixed collor?

Hi Patrick,

Walnut is there in a lot of colour deviations. If you have a mixture I would indeed mix them so they are evently spread over the hull. If you paint it white below the waterline you can decide to select one colour closest to each other to use in the visible non painted part of the hull.

Sanding sealer is good fininsh. It fills all the grain holes & brings out the wood highlights. Dries mat to low satin . Oil based, Drys within 20 min but smells petrolish for 24 hrs. Rubbing down will make it look polished.

Think gonna make ship like this or is Black not realistic? Its most of the time White or copper.

Back