Wire Bending Jig

I was looking through one of the model ship building catalogs when I came across a wire bending jig. After looking at it a few minutes my thoughts ran to whether or not I could use my 3D printer to make one. So off to the Google and sure enough I found the file for one on Thingiverse. They called it simply a Wire Jig. I downloaded it and later printed it. After I looked at it for awhile my thoughts were that I possibly needed one smaller for ship model work. Therefore, I scaled it down by 50% and printed a smaller one. The results are as shown. I plan to add a couple of pins in different sizes that I can use to make eyebolts and to add pins that I can use to make hooks. I'll just drill the jig and add the pins. Right now I using a piece of scrap wood for the pins.

1584756612219.png
1584756708265.png

I'm sorry but I would not know where to start logistically to supply these It is a nice tool and will, I think, be valuable to all of us ship builders. I tried to attach the file to this post so that you and others can use it to print your own. However, the file is not an extension that is allowed to be attached. I also tried to copy it and insert it here to no luck. If I can find a way I'll get you a copy.

You can get a copy of the big one from Thingiverse by searching for Wire Jig. Then you can scale it down. If you don't have a 3D Printer, possibly a friend does or the local library or high school. I'll keep trying.

I have attached a Word Document with STL file to print the small wire bending jig. Just click on the file name in the box and it should open for you. You will need a program such as 3D Viewer or 3D Printer to view and/or print the file.

Attachments

• Small Wire Bending Jig.docx
    42.8 KB · Views: 24
Back