Wood!

After a bit of time, I received quite a nice shipment of the most beautiful Swiss Pear, Castello and Black Hornbeam from Sergei at @bibigon. I cannot resist telling everyone how pleased I am working with him and I encourage everyone to reach out to him, particularly those in Europe for whom postal customs is less of an issue. The quality of his wood is spectacular, his pricing is very reasonable, and he took the time to work with me to fine-tune my order. This will be my first scratch build since I was a teenager: La Venus at 1:72 from Ancre plans. I cannot wait to get started and share a build log. Yes, @Giampy65 you are an inspiration! And many thanks to @Uwek for recommending Sergei as my source!

A5AA5F67-25B2-4CE8-8F56-C0799F4FCF20.jpeg

I am taking a seat and will watch your build as it progresses. ;) ...and will just confirm Sergey @bibigon is a truly amazing person and his timber precisely cut and one of a kind.

Can you show us the black hornbeam please?

Can you show us the black hornbeam please?
I got some time ago some samples and showed them in a topic

IMG_56671.jpg

...........@Giampy65[/USER] you are an inspiration!
thank you for the trust you give me!
However, I would like to warn you that the carpentry drawings contain obvious structural errors, some really important that Gerard Delacroix pointed out to me....
there are also some differences with respect to Boudriot's monograph, which I advise you to follow ...

Gorgeous looking wood. Does he ship outside of Europe?
Yes - Sergey is in Moscow and I am in the Boston area of the US. Shipping took some time, both for a normal overseas journey and for COVID, but everything arrived safe and sound. Russia Post is very good at tracking the package in-country and Russia Customs takes only about 5 days. However, once the package leaves Russia, one doesn't hear anything until it arrives in one's home country and the local postal service picks it up.

thank you for the trust you give me!
However, I would like to warn you that the carpentry drawings contain obvious structural errors, some really important that Gerard Delacroix pointed out to me....
there are also some differences with respect to Boudriot's monograph, which I advise you to follow ...
Thank you @Giampy65! I will PM you directly.

Back