wooden double block pulley made by Shicheng model

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath

Thank you Zoltan, I am old headed Window IE guy....I do have chrome and it worked fine there with translator.

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath

Sea Burd, do you have a method to measure size of our blocks you have.

Sometimes the parts list calls out size and quantity of blocks needed.

Mind you these blocks require you to strop them for use in rigging.

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

@Kkonrath for chrome you can install google translate extension. Works like a charm... BTW, new Microsoft Edge browser build on chrome and support all extensions, and supported by Microsoft.

Sea Burd, do you have a method to measure size of our blocks you have.

Sometimes the parts list calls out size and quantity of blocks needed.

Mind you these blocks require you to strop them for use in rigging.

I’ll look tomorrow at ny kit. I do t think it calls out sizes, the instructions are very short. I can put the caliper on them, it may be easy. Theses like 3 sizes. Their prob wrong

Last edited:

Well it looks like all he same size, 3x3.5 ? this should be easy, or is there a sizes I don’t have, just one and two holes. And some beads, and little brass dumbbells that I have no idea where they go. Lolimage.jpg

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath

OK, if you have only one size for your ship it makes it easier on you. Just need to figure out if they are proper size or oversized as many kits often have.

Beads are normally for Parrel beads, used in rows to hold main yard to mast. Two or three rows with spacers, all tied to mast yards.

The round ones with 3 holes are called deadeyes for rigging shrouds, used in pairs, upper and lower, often colored black as part of standing rigging.

The dumbbells are new to me, the small pulleys go with brown fittings that mount the pullies to side of hull.