wooden double block pulley made by Shicheng model

Sea Burd, do you have a method to measure size of our blocks you have.

Sometimes the parts list calls out size and quantity of blocks needed.

Mind you these blocks require you to strop them for use in rigging.

@Kkonrath for chrome you can install google translate extension. Works like a charm... BTW, new Microsoft Edge browser build on chrome and support all extensions, and supported by Microsoft.

Sea Burd, do you have a method to measure size of our blocks you have.

Sometimes the parts list calls out size and quantity of blocks needed.

Mind you these blocks require you to strop them for use in rigging.

I’ll look tomorrow at ny kit. I do t think it calls out sizes, the instructions are very short. I can put the caliper on them, it may be easy. Theses like 3 sizes. Their prob wrong

Last edited:
Well it looks like all he same size, 3x3.5 ? this should be easy, or is there a sizes I don’t have, just one and two holes. And some beads, and little brass dumbbells that I have no idea where they go. Lolimage.jpg

OK, if you have only one size for your ship it makes it easier on you. Just need to figure out if they are proper size or oversized as many kits often have.

Beads are normally for Parrel beads, used in rows to hold main yard to mast. Two or three rows with spacers, all tied to mast yards.

The round ones with 3 holes are called deadeyes for rigging shrouds, used in pairs, upper and lower, often colored black as part of standing rigging.

The dumbbells are new to me, the small pulleys go with brown fittings that mount the pullies to side of hull.

So excited, just ordered some wooden block pulleys from Shicheng model, Cheng the owner said these pulleys are made by newly designed machine, fully automatic manufacturing, I have no idea what it looks like, maybe like robots on the Tesla assembly line, lol, 2mm to 5mm pulleys are available, and can order special pulleys, show some picture here, and I will post a new thread about those pulleys when they are delivered to me.View attachment 43154View attachment 43155View attachment 43156
Can you provide me with contact information for ShiCheng Model?

Can you provide me with contact information for ShiCheng Model?
You can buy better pulleys than Shicheng’s at the above provided links or here

It's not the blocks I want but an English language version of the parts list and general instruction. I've tried to contact the seller, Alibaba but have gotten no response and thought I'd contact the model maker (Shi Cheng Model) directly to see if I could get the english version. Tried to contact Charlelsovisships but haven't heard back from him. He's had contact with Shi Cheng and I thought he'd be able to give me their contact info.
Joe

It's not the blocks I want but an English language version of the parts list and general instruction. I've tried to contact the seller, Alibaba but have gotten no response and thought I'd contact the model maker (Shi Cheng Model) directly to see if I could get the english version. Tried to contact Charlelsovisships but haven't heard back from him. He's had contact with Shi Cheng and I thought he'd be able to give me their contact info.
Joe
Charles was not on the forum over 2 year

Joe
Also I think there is no English version of the parts list or manual as the other guys mentioned above

Back