Yacht Mary Build (HELP)

Thanks for the offer to help Jeff. I am work on the ship and continue to learn through my mistakes. I watched a few video of Olah. What unbelievable skills. Thanks again for your help

I would like to introduce myself to the group and get some help if possible on my current build. I have been a modeler for years and have a great deal of experience with plastic armor, airplanes, jets and ships. Assembly, painting, rigging and dealing with minute photo etch has not been a problem for me. I have also assembled a 35" wood RC ship and finished a solid hull model of the Fair American.

I have never planked a ship and have run into a brick wall with my current build of the Yacht Mary. To be fair, Mamoli has horrible planking instructions which have already caused an issue with the first plank I put on. It stated that the first plank was at deck level when it should have been at the top of the forward bulkheads. I can deal with this but there is no instruction of the garboard planks and how they should lay. I have seen builds on this site and pictures showing a full width plank starting at the bow and going aft. That is where I am totally lost. All prior build pictures I have seen do not show any of the first planking on the keel. I am bowing to anyone who can help to direct where my planks should go because the plank the way that I have it will need to do a 90 degree twist around the rear bulkheads which just doesn't seem right.

I have looked at numerous planking videos but they don't seem to have a flat bottom near the keel Please take pity on my attempts and offer what ever help you can. The funny thing is that I first bought the Constructo Halifax and then bought the Yacht Mary as my practice ship. That did not go as planned. I am looking for constructive help. SOS

View attachment 361988

View attachment 361989

View attachment 361990
Hallo @P-man
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks Jeff. I never showed any of the finished pics of the Yacht Mary. Thanks for you help with the build. Are you working on any projects?

Bob

View attachment 427630

View attachment 427631
She looks great Bob !
I have a few projects that I started a while ago, but right now, we just moved and working on outfitting the shop and getting it organized (along with all the other things that need to be done after a move). :)
I hope to get back to my models soon. I've got a 1/100 Halcon that I started as part of a group build for the club that I belong to where I used to live (Denver Colorado) and I also have the Mantua/Panart battle station that I gave to my father about 30 years ago that he barely started. :)

Back