Yorktown Battlefield Diorama by Kramer

Second pour of water is done and the river is finished. One more pour for the tributaries to deepen them. The grass and earth soak up a lot of the water so it really doesn't look like it did much. But the waterway surfaces will be rock hard by tomorrow so when I get some more water in a few days it should pour and create some depth rather than just soak into the earth.
IMG_1065.jpgIMG_1066.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1069.jpg

Two coats of paint on the frame and its ready for some satin poly.
IMG_1058.jpgIMG_1062.jpg

Finished pouring the water for the river and streams. Not perfect, but perfect is the enemy of good enough. I needed to ensure that all of the waterways were the same depth before I poured the water or certain shallower parts would just drain into the deeper parts. Just like in nature. But it came out pretty good. I can't really fix that now, so moving on.
IMG_1075.jpgIMG_1076.jpgIMG_1077.jpgIMG_1080.jpgIMG_1081.jpg

These waterways just look like wet grassland. Which is ok if that's what I was going for. So I'm going to clean them up by adding some fresh grass to the banks which should make the streams more distinct.
IMG_1079.jpg

And lastly, you can see that when I poured the streams they bled into the river. It's just because the streams and the river weren't the same depth and I had to pour them at different times because I ran out of water. I'll just explain that I did that on purpose to show that the tide was flowing out ;)
IMG_1078.jpg

Fixing some of the narrower and shallower waterways to cover up the bleed from pouring the water and making the streams look more distinct and defined.
IMG_1082.jpg
And starting to plant some happy little trees! Lots more of them to come.
IMG_1083.jpgIMG_1084.jpg

Done with my diorama of the Battle of Yorktown, October 14, 1781, during the American Revolution!
Well, a few small details left, but the diorama is ready for gameplay.
Thanks very much for letting me post a non-ship project. I've really enjoyed building a diorama and plan to incorporate dioramas into my future ship builds.
I have a few house chores to do, then back to my Endurance.

IMG_1101.jpegIMG_1102.jpegIMG_1103.jpegIMG_1104.jpeg

Back