• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

YQ Bluenose Ted R Redux

Joined
Oct 1, 2023
Messages
2,310
Points
488

I'm starting a build.log for my second attempt at building this model.
So far I've rounded up Gene Bodnar's practicum.in pdf form along with Model Expos plan set.for their kit.
I have a copy of P F Eisnor's pland in the way, due Mondayi purchased m the kit I n Ebay on the 9th of last month and it hasn't arrived.
The first attempt at.shipping was sent back to the vendor as the package was marked the wrong size on the shipping paperwork. The shipper refused it.
The Vendor said he n would purchase another kit and have it sent.to me. Supposedly it was shipped on the 19th of September. It appears that shipment was refused by customs and is still i
n China.
I sent another message to the Vendor asking for a refund so I ciuld.ourchase it from a company capable of.shippong.a small package to the US. That was two days ago and I haven't heard back.
Ebay messaged they wouldn't get envolved until.the 19th of m September.
 
Thanks guys. I was trying Tibet up m a.new.build.log jnder n the n Bluenose group build. Zoly or one of the other managers will get me sorted out.
 
Oh no!!! I ordered my kit in Ebay. I appears i ordered a POB kit. I didn't even know YQ made any other than the POF kit.
The cost was less than I paid before so I quizzed the Vendor if it was the Pear wood kit and they informed me.it was. I dont know how to solve this. I looked up YQ contact info and it comes back ZHL.
My phone wont.allow me.to go to the site fornsecurity reasons and I can't bypass it.
Any suggestions?
 
Oh no!!! I ordered my kit in Ebay. I appears i ordered a POB kit. I didn't even know YQ made any other than the POF kit.
The cost was less than I paid before so I quizzed the Vendor if it was the Pear wood kit and they informed me.it was. I dont know how to solve this. I looked up YQ contact info and it comes back ZHL.
My phone wont.allow me.to go to the site fornsecurity reasons and I can't bypass it.
Any suggestions?
Build the POB ship!

Rob
 
Build the POB ship!

Rob
The vendor also sells the one I wanted. I must have made the mistake.of.orderumg m the wrong one while.i was.li2mon.oxygen or.having a bad day.
I b sent another message to the vendor asking him to m swap.the kits.i really do.hace my heart set on this one.
 
The kit just arrived from C20261003_123752.jpg20261003_123917.jpg20261003_124102.jpg20261003_124124.jpg20261003_124230.jpg20261003_124243.jpg20261003_124300.jpg20261003_124350.jpg20261003_124411.jpg20261003_124449.jpg20261003_124517.jpg20261003_124525.jpg20261003_124622.jpg20261003_124650.jpg20261003_124656.jpg20261003_124724.jpg20261003_124809.jpg20261003_124827.jpg20261003_124852.jpg20261003_124857.jpg20261003_124902.jpg20261003_124941.jpg20261003_124945.jpg20261003_124950.jpg20261003_125003.jpghina. Its a total mess. Parts were scattered throughout. Small parts were in between the folds of each plan sheet.
Obviously this is either a used kit or at least it has been opened because the plastic wrapper to hold the wood parts together has been opened don't know where to go from here. It was sold to me as new.
 
Last edited:
You're doing the right thing, Ted. It's an incredible mess!
Regards, Peter
Ebay will.step in on the claim on the 8th.
I haven't heard from the Vendor. I'm fairly.confident they will protect me.
I prevoiusly bought a ship.model on ebay
And what . Arrived.were just the empty sprues and.left over wood stock.from.somwone else's model. Ebat.sent the funds back to my account.
The long awaited P. F. Eisnor plans have arrived. All I have done so far was ta o e a quick glance at a couple of pages.
One was the side view of the Bluenose with sails installed and the other was showing yards with details. Without a doubt these are the most detailed plans I've ever seen for a model. These being the gold.standard for Bluenose plans is not.and.exageration.
More to.follow tomorrow.
 
I wanted additional plans details for this build. I got this and more with the Eisner plans. Some of the parts are so small and made of metal. I.dont.know how i will make them. A few samples here
20261006_110016.jpg20261006_105944.jpg20261006_105842.jpg

I know the photos are a little shaky.
Don't have myb building table here yet to lay then plans flat and no tripod. Sorry
 
Back
Top